So i heard a couple songs from System of A Downs upcoming album

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
First let me explain, i really dont like the other system of a down albums... but i heard two songs and its surprisingly not bad at all. So much more metal than their previous stuff, but i with a sense of humor. We'll see... ill be donwloading it to see if its decent

I don't personnally hate SoaD. All my friends who don't listen to metal listen to them so I didn't have the choice to get used to them.

I can take System of a Down before 99% of the other new-er mainstream bands similar in genre. I don't mind what I've heard of theirs, I don't exactly LIKE it, but it's not too bad. In fact I think I have two of their songs on my computer ...*goes to listen*.

system of a down is hands down the worst band ive seen live, they sound fucking terrible, and are totally sloppy...seeing them live once totally ruined any respect i might have had for them

I wouldn't go see them anyway, I fear I might turn into somekind of emo kid. Toxicity had some good songs, though.

Kiss The Void said:
system of a down is hands down the worst band ive seen live, they sound fucking terrible, and are totally sloppy...seeing them live once totally ruined any respect i might have had for them

I saw them at Ozzfest in '98 or '99 and had the same reaction. Also, the singer was trying to be so excessively political but it loses it's impact when he doesn't know what state he's in. "Right now, they're trying to pass laws in the Michigan senate....blahblah" "Come on, Michigan!" Then the bass player said (into his mic) "Uh...I think this is Wisconsin." Best part of their set.

However, I like a few tracks on Toxicity a lot more than anything I heard before that.

Matt Lee said:
I saw them at Ozzfest in '98 or '99 and had the same reaction. Also, the singer was trying to be so excessively political but it loses it's impact when he doesn't know what state he's in. "Right now, they're trying to pass laws in the Michigan senate....blahblah" "Come on, Michigan!" Then the bass player said (into his mic) "Uh...I think this is Wisconsin." Best part of their set.

However, I like a few tracks on Toxicity a lot more than anything I heard before that.
exactly, that was my other thought, they were overly and hypocritically preachy......here they are, playing this "heavy" music, there are at least 7 bon fires with mosh pits all around, and theyre on stage talking about how they want to encourage love and peace....gay.