So I hung out with Volumes the other night (AxeFX content)

RedDog

Humanoid typhoon
Sep 7, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma.
And all Diego uses is the AFX to the Crown power amp to the cab. But I didn't ask him his individual chain. What I can tell you is that his tone was the only intelligible tone throughout the whole night, and although I favor dark flavored amps, his tone fucking slayed. I was at the bar with a seven foot ceiling, so I caught a lot of haze, but seriously, his rig was the simplest, most brutal and intelligible sound I heard all night. This included In the Midst of Lions, As blood Runs Black, Upon a Burning Body, For the Fallen Dreams, Chelsea Grin, and Winds of Plague. And Volumes are fucking cool dudes. Well worth the shit I caught giving them free monsters (The venue manager railed me for that) and the idiot scenesters bopping along (I mowed them all down in the pit). Great night dudes, great night.

The AE the tour brought ran both Volumes and Winds sound only, comparatively speaking, Volumes was way cleaner. But Volumes didn't throw a guy into a seizure with their brutality.

Seriously, winds just said "time out, someone call 911" and held up the show for about fifteen minutes.