So I picked up the Working Man Rush Tribute cd...

urinalcakemix

man who plays drum
Jun 7, 2003
Wallingford, CT
Visit site
I found it in a 99 Cent used bin at my work. I also bought the latest Dio - Master of hte moon and my boss was like, just take the 99 Cent-er. It was in mint condition, and I must say , it RAWKS. La Villa Strangiato is sick. Theres only a couple tracks that are kinda shitty, a REAL solid tribute album!

AND IT WAS FREEE FOR TJ!!! HAHAAHHA

bball_1523 said:
I really like Romeo's solo on "Analog Kid." He does some cool tapping part, then goes all out into mayhem.
Yeah, I was just starting to read in guitar magazine about " this up and coming guitarist named Michael Romeo, and a band called Symphony X. And as soon as that Rush tribute album (being ,as everyone else, a huge Rush fan) came out, I too, was floored at hearing his solo on Analog Kid. Coincidentally, that to me, is the best song on Signals. Thanks to that tribute album, and persistent badgering of the local record store, they ordered the first SX album for me...it, so far, is the best tribute album I've heard.

ramses said:
Thanks to that tribute album, and persistent badgering of the local record store, they ordered the first SX album for me...it, so far, is the best tribute album I've heard.

I'm assuming by the fact that you're posting on SyX's message board that you liked the album they got for you. I'm just wondering which album it was. If it was the self-titled album I'm surprised you stuck with them. If that was the first album I had heard from SyX I don't know if I would have given them a second chance. Of course, I appreciate it now, but the vocals sound so demo-like, and they aren't very good anyway. The guitar solos are all so muddled too, which is very surprising.

:headbang:
scanner313 said:
I'm assuming by the fact that you're posting on SyX's message board that you liked the album they got for you. I'm just wondering which album it was. If it was the self-titled album I'm surprised you stuck with them. If that was the first album I had heard from SyX I don't know if I would have given them a second chance. Of course, I appreciate it now, but the vocals sound so demo-like, and they aren't very good anyway. The guitar solos are all so muddled too, which is very surprising.
Yeah, it was the first album, naturally, being that it was around 95-96. I can overlook bad singing and production, if the musicianship is good. I remember playing it for a friend, and saying " check out this band...I know the singer stinks, but these guys are just as good as DT!!!"