So I ran some drums through my different compressors.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
And it doesn't really prove anything or is even all that good for comparison. :lol:

Just thought I would share the results, which are that I'm pretty much a plug in whore and can't pass up a sale when it pops up. haha

I didn't bother to run the pro tools comps, but I could if anyone really wanted me to. All comps are attack 1ms, release 300ms, ratio 10:1 (or max if it didn't go that high), with makeup gain to taste. Hard knee if that was an option, I was hitting around 10 or so db of GR.

Basically, I wanted to hear the character of each so extreme settings just seemed like the way to go.

Cubase 5 compressor
Cubase 5 vintage compressor
DDMF NY compressor
iZotope Alloy (compressor only)
iZotope Ozone 4 (only compressing from 27Hz-14.9kHz)
Nomad Factory Analog Track Box
Nomad Factory British MCL-2269
Nomad Factory Studio Channel SC-226 (IMO this one sounds the worst)
T Racks Opto Comp
T Racks Vintage Comp 670
URS 1970 comp
URS 1975 comp
URS 1980 comp
WavArts Track Plug 5 (1 compressor only)
EDIT (MOAR):
Bombfactory (avid) 1176
Podfarm compressor
Superior Drummer compressor (sonalksis)
DigiRack compressor
HARDWARE (cheap stuff haha):
Alesis Nano Compressor
Alesis 3630 compressor

I might do the couple pro tools ones (1176 and the inlcuded compressor) in a little bit.

Anyhow, like I said I don't even want to call this a "shootout" or anything like that because compressors are so different it would be silly. :lol:

Just posting because I thought it was neat how different each one is with similar settings.

I listened to all the ones before your edit and I just LOVEEEEEEE how the 2 T-Racks compressors color and give the drum track some depth and dare I say, analog-style rounding. I also love how fucking CLEAN and punchy the Cubase VC compressor is... I've actually been using it a lot more and I fucking LOVE IT.

the URS stuff has GREAT attack... I love the '75 for SNR.... that's really all any of the URS Comp. plugs are good for IMO>>> Kick+SNR