So I saw Kayo Dot and Jesu last night :D

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
Kayo Dot played a really stripped down minimalist set because a bunch of their band members were denied entry to the UK. But it was really, really, REALLY fucking good. Practically transcended during the set. I was going to another place for it, seriously mindblowing. Tightest live musicians ever as well, Cynic eat your fucking heart out.

I didn't catch much of Jesu because I had to leave to get on the tube to get my train home, but what I did catch was MIND NUMBINGLY HEAVY.
One of the finest doom tones ever, seriously.
Fucking awesome stuff.

Yeah, Mia's really fucking hot haha :D

And Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue is my favourite kayo dot album, finally bought it on CD at the gig last night \m/
havent heard any maudlin of the well except part the second, but i am gonna get all their shit soon cos what ive heard of it sounds awesome

Shit Gareth! I was there but it was fucking sold out! When the fuck are you coming to London again? So we can grab a drink dude! I bought tickets for Textures on October 1st @ Underworld. Fuck jieezzz ! ^^

she plays violin d00d, and she's fucking awesome at it

and seriously man? fuck. should have got tickets in advance
and i have no idea when im coming to london again, earliest looks to be december for paramore @ wembley if i can find some money for that haha :D

Kayo Dot is indeed amazing live. The latest Maudlin of the Well is available for free on their website. It's quite amazing and was completely funded by fans.

it was mostly tartar lamb stuff harry
they played that shit in its entireity then we got a version of immortelle and paper caravelle and the last 5 minutes of marathon to finish it off
im still fucking jealous of all you cunts who got to see them live PROPERLY

maybe next time they come to the UK, theyll be kind enough to play dowsing anemone in its entireity to make up for the downsized gigs haha :D

i remember one of maudlin's songs. "let me watch you, i have no ears for my lady" WHAT?!?!?!?! i couldnt listen to that song without laughing.

SLEEEEEP ON YOUR BIRTHDAY AND CRY
CRYYYY MY BABYYY
LET ME WAATCH YOU I HAAAVE NOO EAAAARS
FORRR MAH LAAADYYYY

OHYA?!
i wanna hear a sample of that shit dude! :D
you totally know it has to be done

well im crashing in a minute bro, but ill clear our some space in my inbox on here :)