So I saw Priest last night at OzzFest...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
...and IT RULED. If they are coming to your town go see it! It was unbelievable where I am (Nissan Pavilion in Virginia). If you didn't know any better, with as much as the crowd was totally into it (easily 10,000+ if I had to guess?), you would have thought it was a 1980's show. Un-friggin-real! :headbang: And the band themselves were on top of their game, Halford's voice...what can you say, it never dies! Just a great great show. I'm not much of a Black Sabbath fan (kill me now haha) but they were damn strong as well. Killer sound, tight, Ozzy as crazy as ever. Just a fantastic show. :headbang:

I went to Ozzfest at Jones Beach, NY about a week ago, and I have to agree it was increadible. there had to be like 15,000 people there singing every song! I had my expectations low cuz my friends saw Halford (the band) a while ago and said he had lost it, and people were saying how Ozzy can't sing anymore, but goddamn both acts were increadible. Easily one of the best concerts I'll ever see.

can you remember the setlist for Priest? I can probably guess Sabbath's, so no help there needed, but if you can give me Priest's setlist, that'd be much appreciated! And good that they're playing awesome, 'cause that would suck for me if I payed the $70 for tickets and they played like shit. :)

I know they played: Hellion/Electric Eye, Head Out On The Highway, Living After Mignight, Breaking the Law, Metal Gods, Hellbent for Leather, Painkiller, Beyond the Realms of Death, Victim of Changes, You've Got Another Thing Comin', in a somewhat similar order. I'm missing a few but I don't remember right now.

ah nice! That sounds awesome! I wasn't expecting Beyond The Realms of Death OR Victim Of Changes at Ozzfest, for some reason. Great to hear they're playing those. Thanks, dude!

Yeah, I wasn't expecting those either, but was pleasantly surprises. No Problem!

(Oh, and I remembered they also played The Sentinel, Green Manalishi, and A Touch of Evil, and I'm prety sure that was the whole set)

Wicked Child said:
can you remember the setlist for Priest? I can probably guess Sabbath's, so no help there needed, but if you can give me Priest's setlist, that'd be much appreciated! And good that they're playing awesome, 'cause that would suck for me if I payed the $70 for tickets and they played like shit. :)
They play the same set as on the european tour :)

This is about it for our show:

01. Hellion
02. Electric Eye
03. Metal Gods
04. Heading Out to the Highway
06. Touch of Evil
07. The Sentinel
09. Victim of Changes
11. Breaking the Law
12. Beyond the Realms of Death
13. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)
14. Painkiller
Encore:
15. Hell Bent For Leather
16. Living After Midnight
18. You Got Another Thing Coming

MetalAges said:
...and IT RULED. If they are coming to your town go see it!
Unless the Ozzpest pass through Costa Rica, is doubtfoul I'll be able to.:mad:

Take note those near big US arenas and Europeans with festivals, count your blessings :erk: