Saw Megadeth last night...

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
...here in San Francisco at the Warfield (of Slayer/War at the Warfield fame). Killer show. I'd seen them once before, just some months back with Heaven and Hell. Their killer live show was what set off my obsession with them of late, which is still going strong.

Dave is a metal god, really. Just killer, killer stuff. And let me say too, that the man still looks young and has a full metal head of hair...you'd never know so many years had passed.

Is it just me, or does Megadeth have a better pedigree than Metallica.

The crowd was definitely packed with Megadeth fans...noisy as all get out.

Anyway, tight show, good sound (though not amazing, the sound guy apparently has an obsession with BASS), and fantastic setlist. See below:

01. Sleepwalker
02. Take No Prisoners
03. Wake Up Dead
04. Skin O' My Teeth
05. Gears of War
06. She Wolf
07. In My Darkest Hour
08. Hangar 18
09. Kick The Chair
10. Washington Is Next
11. A Tout Le Monde
12. Tornado Of Souls
13. Reckoning Day
14. Peace Sells
15. Symphony of Destruction
16. Never Walk Alone
---------------------
17. Holy Wars/Mechanix/Holy Wars

I heard from other people too Megadeth is doing great live gigs lately. I've seen them only once a very long time ago, maybe need to catch them again... Although I'm not a big fan, Megadeth have a very consistant discography;especially their later stuff is much more interesting than Metallica's !

I heard from other people too Megadeth is doing great live gigs lately. I've seen them only once a very long time ago, maybe need to catch them again... Although I'm not a big fan, Megadeth have a very consistant discography;especially their later stuff is much more interesting than Metallica's !

qft

I've seen them 5 times in the past 8 years and they have delivered every single time, even though only once was with Friedman (3 times with the Drovers).

I think at the very least, RiP and Peace Sells hold up very well against most Metallica albums, and the last 2 Megadeth albums are much better than any recent Metallica albums (since The Black Album).

I got an $80.00 speeding ticket last time I went to see Megadeth, and I was fully loaded, cops didn't even notice. I'll be going to the Sep 22nd show indeed, but I will not be driving this time. Its amazing they are playing small gigs, Metallica will never play small gigs again.

I dunno.
I think the 1st three Metallica albums own anything Megadeth's ever done. Megadeth has had a very spotty career, IMO. Too many lame albums with only 3 or 4 true classics. Too much inconsistency.

I used to feel the same way, but they are clicking with me now. The change was in me, obviously. Haha. Everything up through Youthanasia is fantastic, and the stuff after ain't bad either. The last two are both great. All this in IMO of course.

:headbang:

I dunno.
I think the 1st three Metallica albums own anything Megadeth's ever done. Megadeth has had a very spotty career, IMO. Too many lame albums with only 3 or 4 true classics. Too much inconsistency.

3 or 4 true classic albums or 3 or 4 classic tunes??

Megadeth was always hit and miss with me, song-wise. Overall, Dave has put out some killer songs that would easily cover 3 gold pedestal releases, but never put it all together for a whole album IMO.

None of that matters though, because I've got my "best of" cd featuring all my fave songs and the That One Night DVD concert from Buenos Aires in 2005. When I'm in the mood for Megadeth, I'm covered! :headbang:

I've seen them live 4 or 5 times over past 10 years. One of my favorite live acts.

Saw them in Anaheim on 9/12/07. Band was energetic and give it their all, but the sound was terrible. Sound guy must have been a rookie or something. I've seen several shows in that venue before and none has sounded half as bad as Wed night. But I met up with some people from the Megadeth board before the show and had a great time even though the sound was suffering.

The encore of Holy Wars/Mechanix/Holy Wars was pretty sweet. Wasn't expecting that. :kickass:

yeah i was there too, it fucking destroyed! it was my 4th time seeing them i think and they're still fun to see and definately worth going out to a show to see. when they started playing mechanix during holy wars i was going to explode, i had been thinking for a few days before damn i wish they'd play something from killing is my buissness and they did! i took a video of the tornado of souls solo on my phone but its too crappy to post anywhere and yeah it was so crowded in there i couldn't believe it, i was in the main floor and pit for a while but it was so cramped i got a nice spot by the bar on the 2nd level on the left side of the stage.
everyone i've talked to said the bass was way too loud but where i was it was weird, i had perfect sound, everything sounded clear and equal and the solos always had a boost that really made them stand out. i didn't see the first 2 bands but megadeth was worth the ticket price alone.

That is great dude !! Glad you enjoyed the show. Dave does indeed look good to be as old as he is. As far as Megadeth having the "pedigree" over Metallica, I disagree, but they have certainly stuck more to their guns more than Metallica and have been more "true" to the "metal" style. Great that Megadeth put on a show worthy of their name. Long live metal and long live Megadeth my friend.

Bryant

...here in San Francisco at the Warfield (of Slayer/War at the Warfield fame). Killer show. I'd seen them once before, just some months back with Heaven and Hell. Their killer live show was what set off my obsession with them of late, which is still going strong.

Dave is a metal god, really. Just killer, killer stuff. And let me say too, that the man still looks young and has a full metal head of hair...you'd never know so many years had passed.

Is it just me, or does Megadeth have a better pedigree than Metallica.

The crowd was definitely packed with Megadeth fans...noisy as all get out.

Anyway, tight show, good sound (though not amazing, the sound guy apparently has an obsession with BASS), and fantastic setlist. See below:

I dunno.

At least Megadeth didn't sell out on their sound like Metallica did on St. Anger. I love Metallica, but c'mon. That was just baaaaad!