So I was flipping around on my FM radio...

The Pasta Dude

New Metal Member
Sep 5, 2003
I was in the car with my mom :/ yes my mom, we we're picking up supplies for school. I'm not ahsamed to say I'm 16 cause I know I'm not an immature punk or goth who likes metal just to fit outside of the crowd. I really love Opeth's music and it has opened my eyes to the world...almost. It feels like that though. I'm past all the "teen angst" that most people love. I like metal cause it's just rockin, I also enjoy Coldplay and Fleetwood Mac but thats a story for another time. That's beside the point, anyway, so I was in the car and I was flipping through the station looking for something good on and I went to 89.5 (I live in NY) and I heard a familar acoustic solo. So I turned up the radio and the static interfered with what sounded to me like "The Drapery Falls" and I was like "Nah, I know it was a single but it would never be played on the radio! Espically 2 years after it's release!" and then as the car progressed, the static cleared and it was definite, The Drapery Falls was playing on the radio. I was in awe. I couldn't believe it. I turned up the volume and I listend in to see if it was the "radio edit" or the cut version and to my surprise, it was not! Then I listened in attentively to see if the vocals we're morphed to ease the ears of the average citizen who is yet to embrace the sheer awesome power of Opeth in full swing, and they remained soft and eerily soothing and the transcended into the boomingly powerful bellows that quake the very ground I stand upon. So now I'm curious as to what radio station could've possibly played Opeth! I didn't get to hear the name and whenever I put on 89.5 on my standard radio I get static. Does anyone know the name of the station? (89.5 FM New York station)

89.5 is WSOU's station, so yes, its a college station.

and they also have their baseball games late at night, fucking gay. oh and there's too much static, so in conclusion:

you're gay.

j/k

89.5 wsou has been around since the 80's. They are a college station, seton hall to be exact. They have some decent wattage fo a college station though. They play alot of stuff. I heard deliverance on their when it came out. Then a few months ago I hear this meloncholy cool song, and after it was over the DJ says that was Opeth, to rid the disease. I shit myself, cause Damnation wasn't released yet. They also play alot of porcupine tree.

Our college station, 88.9 WCVF, sucks.. they play crap except when my show is on Saturday Nights at Midnight. ALso you can check out an internet broadcast for those out of the range at
http://listen.to/gatesofhell

Check it out tonight! If you have AIM, request something.. i'll play anything that's good metal!

I've heard Demon of the Fall on the radio. It was on a classic rock station.
I also heard some really heavy Emperor on an A.M. news station.

Don't ask..

I love Seton Hall's radio station... I've heard them play "Harvest" one day, and another time they had Iron Maiden's "The Prisoner" followed by "Powerslave." It doesn't get any better than that!!!