Oh...my...God...

Originally posted by ham
we have '3 hours of power' on TripleJ (99.3 FM) here in australia. It's on Tuesday nights from 10pm - 1am. the guy who runs it (andrew haug) usually plays a lot of really bad power metal, but sometimes theres some interesting stuff. Lately he's been playing crap (emphasis on the 'crap' part) off Meshuggah's new album and Reroute to Remain, and some cooler stuff off Damage Done. He's played Opeth a lot before, at least 4 times closed the show with tracks like The Drapey Falls, Face of Melinda, Godhead's Lament, and i've heard Advent played before. perhaps the length of the songs is a consideration in playing them at the end of his show... although ive heard some poor ass dream theater songs over 12 mins played during the middle. but they just rock don't they.

Don't like Meshuggah huh?

I think they're nuts.

There's a local rock show every Tuesday night. They play anything from The Beatles to Agalloch. The guy who does the show has some kind of connection with The End Records and he plays a lot of stuff from bands of the label. He plays a lot of Therion, Sculptured, Agalloch, Winds, this kind of stuff. Unfortunately he only plays 6 - 7 metal songs every show but they're usually very good.

Originally posted by MetalSlime
At the station at my college back in the States there was a segment that ran late-night and they would play songs ripped from the ROMs of Sega Mastersystem/Genesis and Nintendo/SNES games. Occasionally they would hold contests and award prizes to people who could guess which game a particular song came from. I won a tube of toothpaste for identifying the cave song from Phantasy Star 1. Looking back, that is quite an embarrassing accomplishment. I must sound like a fucking idiot.

that is the best prize and the best reason anyone could ever win a prize, ever.

I heard/saw Opeth on Public Broadcast Television. Fairfield, Connecticut. SOundview media station. Well, maybe it will be on again. I know someone who works there...