Concert Comment - Hypocrisy/Soilwork

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
Saw 5 bands tonight in this order:

1. Single Bullet Theory - a band from Philadelphia, PA. I didn't know they were playing, nor had I ever heard of them before, but they were pretty darn good.
2. Scar Culture - not for me. Just imagine someone in your face, screaming at you for a half hour.
3. Killswitch Engage - a local Boston band - really good.
4. Soilwork - :eek: excellent stuff. Really gets into the crowd - this was the crowd favorite.
5. Hypocrisy - :eek: in my fucking face awesome - from melodic heavy to speed heavy

Well its nice to hear that the two main bands put out a good performance!

Yeah I'm going to see this concert as well in early june.

I'm gonna be looking forward to it!

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Saw 5 bands tonight in this order:

1. Single Bullet Theory - a band from Philadelphia, PA. I didn't know they were playing, nor had I ever heard of them before, but they were pretty darn good.
2. Scar Culture - not for me. Just imagine someone in your face, screaming at you for a half hour.
3. Killswitch Engage - a local Boston band - really good.
4. Soilwork - :eek: excellent stuff. Really gets into the crowd - this was the crowd favorite.
5. Hypocrisy - :eek: in my fucking face awesome - from melodic heavy to speed heavy

Soilwork and Hypocrisy kicked ass last night!!! I didn't like any of the first three bands at all though. I got really bored waiting for soilwork to play. and Peter Tägtgren seemed pretty fucking drunk on stage. lol. whenever he said anything he sounded like he was slurring his words pretty bad. Kick ass show in general though. And whats up with the singer of soilwork. He looks like billy corigan. hehe

yea. ...i was at that concert last week .... about Single Bullet Theory ...the Guitarist (the one with the Warlock :D) is an fucken amazing guitar player....i really enjoyed their stuff ....Scar Culture was ok ....it pissed me off that the fucking singer almost spat on me and actually did spit on one of my buddies.....KSE was cool ....the blonde guitarist did some very nifty tricks and it was cool watching him cuz that dude was SO into the show .....Soilwork was bloody amazing.... i can't describe how good they were .... i got to shake hands with almost all of em :D...heheh..... as for hypocrisy ....i had to leave before they came on to catch my ride :( ....i'm very pissed about that....