Soilwork, In Flames, and At the Gates - Random Thoughts

Originally posted by Misanthrope

And yet you dont offer more explanations. I dont really have to, TSOP speaks for itself and it will forever stand as the most impressive drumming Death ever had.

:lol: :lol: You call what you wrote so far an explanation!!!

Christy's over use of the double bass makes ALL the music that he's involved in sound worst!

I would also agree that DT are the most unique of the four bands being discussed. While At the Gates must be given their due respect for their contributions to the genre, Dark Tranquillity has taken the ball and run further with it than any of the other bands we have been discussing. I think that DT are not only the most technical and progressive of all the heavy hitters in Death Metal (Opeth excluded), but they also seem to take more risks on a disc to disc basis than do the aforementioned bands.

GZ

Originally posted by Liquid Tension

:lol: :lol: You call what you wrote so far an explanation!!!

Christy's over use of the double bass makes ALL the music that he's involved in sound worst!

You are one of those? go bitch with hearse about how blasting sucks and how death metal is a piece of shit. Let me know when you become an open minded person and not some stupid " too deathmetal, too much double bass" kinda guy.

Let me know when you become an open minded person and not some stupid " too deathmetal, too much double bass" kinda guy.

I'm obviously way more open minded then you!

Do you always come up with these fucking retarded posts? Your generalizations and comparisons are very immature! How old are you?

For the record the thing that I hate the most about death metal is the vocal delivery! Who can I "bitch with" about that?:lol: :lol:

Im close minded because i dont think pig hoglan is as good as christy? In your little mind guess not as good = bad, but we are talking legends of death metal drumming here, i dont disrespect Gene but sometimes you just gotta admit when you see something superior there is nothing wrong with that, no matter who it is, and in this particular case, no matter what style he prefers. The double kicks and the speed are part of his style, just as his acrobatics and his incredible way to take a simple 4/4 and make it sound as amazing as the most crazy 17/16 stuff the best prog drummers out there do. Besides i know from personal experience ( a friend of mind talked to him BEFORE tsop was released and he is a very humble guy focused on his music ) that he is a musician in all the meaning of the word, even if he is not a school drummer.

Im close minded because i dont think pig hoglan is as good as christy? In your little mind guess not as good = bad.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You think that I feel that you're close minded because you don't like Hoglan better then Christy!?

You are one very confused person and just keep on throwing out the insults because a shallow mind needs this to feel good about itself. I hope it's working for you! :D

I dont feel like arguing with inferior beings, if i felt like it iwould pick up something with satori, not this liquid fool.

:lol: :lol: Another good one to stroke that inferior complex of yours!