In Flames, Soilwork, and alike

I dont know man, R2R really sucks. There is a cool riff every 3 minutes or so, the singing is horrible, and their solos don't exist. I always liked the way that they wrote solos, i think the solo for the Hive is one of the best metal solos as far as flow goes. Soundtrack is pitiful, so I wont go into that. Cant see them putting out anything too decent because theyd have to regress to do so (as in go in the direction of their past sound). I don't get hung up on old music, because I like the way Opeth and some other bands have evolved. People can flame me all they want, but i was a big fan of collective soul, but i cant stand them now because i think they evolved in a bad way, just like in flames.

When a (metal) band's majority fanbase begins to look like the sort of people you'd meet at a Blink182 concert, you'd think said band would have to do a bit of a re-evaluation...

They may just return to the old Gothenburg sound, you never know...Dark Tranquillity experimented for two albums (like In Flames) then returned to being a heavy melodic death band. So we'll just have to wait.

Dreadful said:
They may just return to the old Gothenburg sound, you never know...Dark Tranquillity experimented for two albums (like In Flames) then returned to being a heavy melodic death band. So we'll just have to wait.

i dont really care if in flames ends up doing traditional swedish folk music next album...as long as its something ill enjoy, unlike soundtrack.

It's not gonna happen. They're dwelling too much in their newfound popularity (the type that writing shit music brings).

It's just really sad because I just saw such future potential for that band. Jesper is simply one of the best lead and solo writers in metal and it's almost as if he breathed melodic death. Definately one of my biggest influences for lead playing and lead tone aswell.

It's just really sad because I was at their last concert here in Melbourne and the fanbase is pitiful. We found TWO guys out of a group of maybe 1000 who were into the old shit. Everyone else had R2R shirts on and didn't know what the fuck was going on when In Flames were playing Behind Space.

Moonlapse said:
It's not gonna happen. They're dwelling too much in their newfound popularity (the type that writing shit music brings).

It's just really sad because I just saw such future potential for that band. Jesper is simply one of the best lead and solo writers in metal and it's almost as if he breathed melodic death. Definately one of my biggest influences for lead playing and lead tone aswell.

It's just really sad because I was at their last concert here in Melbourne and the fanbase is pitiful. We found TWO guys out of a group of maybe 1000 who were into the old shit. Everyone else had R2R shirts on and didn't know what the fuck was going on when In Flames were playing Behind Space.

Good god.... that's a good summarization right there.

Moonlapse said:

Try coming to the US for one of those "headbanger's ball" tours featuring a sellout melodic death band and like 3 or 4 metalcore bands. By the end of the night you'll be twitching from being around all those newb scene faggoths who haven't even acknowledged extreme metal until about a year ago.

I for one am content with the fact that In Flames has made changes in their style. I like songs like 'Dawn of a New Day' and 'Free Fall' and don't mind the singing that much. Their strength anyway has always been in their guitars rather than vocals.

However, I would love it if they would use mellower parts more often like in 'The Jester's Dance'.

Moonlapse said:

It's just really sad because I just saw such future potential for that band. .

Paradise Lost was like this. Draconian times is a fucking Killer album, and then bam One Second WTF (although i still life it) they werent downhill from there. The last single of thiers was jsut the same recycled shit.

dorian gray said:
after reading this, im happy my one and only in flames purchase was jester race. and i like the album alot.

Try and get your hands on the Lunar Strain/Subterranean release. I find that to be far superior to TJR, which I find to be pretty bland most of the time.

With that said, you can't fuck with The Jester's Dance.

Mayberry's Finest said:
Try and get your hands on the Lunar Strain/Subterranean release. I find that to be far superior to TJR, which I find to be pretty bland most of the time.

With that said, you can't fuck with The Jester's Dance.

yea, i prefer lunar strain and/or subterranean to the jester race as well.