Mikael should sing for In Flames.

InFlames235 said:
I only like In Flames from clayman and earlier but even clayman was a sub par album for old In Flames. They are done for now and it's sad that they had to do this to their fans :yell:

What did they do to their fans? Play music they wanted to play? Oh nooo. How sacreligious. Do you people realize that bands progress? Is anyone here the same person they were when they were 13? Why do people expect a band to be the same damn thing they've been their whole life? Too many fucking whiners on message boards. Most cool metal fans dont bother with message boards. And i can see why. Complain intil the sun don't shine. And alot of people just change their opinion at the drop of dime depending on what the general consensus is from the internet community. Grow some balls and think for yourselves people. I think the new in flames kicks ass. (and I have yet to hear the more stronger tracks from the album) Metal fans have the mentality of. "Not what you done for me. But What have you done for me lately. Give the artists a break. You think they're trying to put out music that they're fan base doesn't like? If you don;t enjoy an album. Well then I'm sorry. But is it really necessary to harp on it for the next 5 fucking years? In the words of warrel dane. Optomist or Pessimest...What Am I supposed to be?!?

AllWithinMyMonster said:
What did they do to their fans? Play music they wanted to play? Oh nooo.
Why do they want to play shitty music that is almost like nu-metal? Their new songs are shitty and require no talent to play. He tries to sing which he couldn't do to save his life. They suck now and I know that they didn't change because they LIKE the music they are playing but because they fucking want money.

InFlames235 said:
Why do they want to play shitty music that is almost like nu-metal? Their new songs are shitty and require no talent to play. He tries to sing which he couldn't do to save his life. They suck now and I know that they didn't change because they LIKE the music they are playing but because they fucking want money.

You're the fucking biggest moron I have had the displeasure of reading. (On this forum atleast) Have you even heard the new album you silly lil prick? The harsh vox are back on the majority of the songs. Who are you to say the music is shitty? A cyber warrior with a keyboard. We all know if in flames was standing before you.. you'd be sucking their dicks and raving about how great the new album is. If you want to categorize it as nu-metal I dont care. Who gives a fuck? Stop labeling music and start enjoying it. What you trying to accomplish? Being cool in the eyes of your keyboard brotherhood?

AllWithinMyMonster said:
You're the fucking biggest moron I have had the displeasure of reading. (On this forum atleast) Have you even heard the new album you silly lil prick? The harsh vox are back on the majority of the songs. Who are you to say the music is shitty? A cyber warrior with a keyboard. We all know if in flames was standing before you.. you'd be sucking their dicks and raving about how great the new album is. If you want to categorize it as nu-metal I dont care. Who gives a fuck? Stop labeling music and start enjoying it. What you trying to accomplish? Being cool in the eyes of your keyboard brotherhood?
I can say the music is shitty now if I want to you jackass because its my fucking opinion that they suck and WILL never go back to the old days when they REALLY ruled. I only label them as nu-metal because they never have any of the cool solo's anymore that they used to have and a lot of the melodies are now gone from their songs and are replaced with linkin park style keyboards. I DO NOT enjoy their new stuff and if I wanted to look cool in the eyes of my "keyboard brotherhood" I wouldn't have even posted my thoughts in this thread. I don't even know why this argument started I was just stating my opinions and you won't change my thoughts about their music now so lets just stop this

Caelum Adustum said:
On the left: Dawn
Right: Setherial
Dawn haven't done anything since Slaughtersun have they? if so what have they been doing the last 6 years? Slaughtersun is one of the most intense, melodic black metal albums ever.

Ok Inflames you're right. Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one...And they all Stink! So arguing will get us nowhere. Have a goodnight. No hard feelings by the way ;O)

It's hard to tell that he's the same person on TJR. Anders sounded more like Mikael Stanne back then. I think his singing voice got a lot better on the last album, but he still sucks now.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
In Flames fucking rules. It's the new fad to hate them. Metallica hating is so 2003. In Flames hate is the new trend. Let's all jump on the bandwagon :sarcasm: In Flames fucking kicks ass.
Metallica bashing is nothing new and In Flames has been catching shit ever since TJR and beyond. I actually skimmed through most of Soundtrack to Your Escape less than 5 mins ago and it was the worst thing I've ever heard by the band. I really like Clayman and whoever said this sounded anything remotely like it was totally coming out of left field. It's more along the nu-metal vein that was being firmly established in R2R. I was listening to Whoracle when I was leaving from the college to head home and I just shook my head at how completely different the band sounds. I liked R2R enough to stick up for In Flames but what I heard not too long ago put the final nail in the coffin for me. Oh and the "Wreath" thread drove me to listen to Deliverance. *loves the solos in this song*

AllWithinMyMonster said:
What did they do to their fans? Play music they wanted to play? Oh nooo. How sacreligious. Do you people realize that bands progress? Is anyone here the same person they were when they were 13? Why do people expect a band to be the same damn thing they've been their whole life? Too many fucking whiners on message boards. Most cool metal fans dont bother with message boards. And i can see why. Complain intil the sun don't shine. And alot of people just change their opinion at the drop of dime depending on what the general consensus is from the internet community. Grow some balls and think for yourselves people. I think the new in flames kicks ass. (and I have yet to hear the more stronger tracks from the album) Metal fans have the mentality of. "Not what you done for me. But What have you done for me lately. Give the artists a break. You think they're trying to put out music that they're fan base doesn't like? If you don;t enjoy an album. Well then I'm sorry. But is it really necessary to harp on it for the next 5 fucking years? In the words of warrel dane. Optomist or Pessimest...What Am I supposed to be?!?
Like the new If Flames all you want. More power to you but a lot of people have abandoned their support for the band because the band has abandoned the style of music that interested them in the first place. The complaining can get quite bothersome and trite but people have their reasons for doing so. You can do one of two things and that is repsect a respectable opinion or you can ignore what is said and move on. I don't think a select audience needs to "grow some balls" but just "grow up". IMO it's a "ballsy" move on a fan's behalf to part with a band that's brought them so much joy when the band ceases to make music that is appealing to that particular individual. I've had to quash my Metallica fanboyism and I guess I'm going to have to part ways with In Flames as well. Meh. It was a good run while it lasted.

AllWithinMyMonster said:

:headbang:

Why can't we all be friends, and have our own music-taste? Not much respect to get here.

My view of the In Flames case: I love Subterranean, I like Lunar Strain. Clayman is also good. The two newest releases sucks, they are a way to radio-adjusted, and have cut out all good guitarplaying (and solos, which was In Flames best thing). And yeah, they suck live :)