Thank you for the Roundhouse Tapes, Mikael!

It also got me thinking that Opeth is the only contemporary band that truly gets me fired up on the release of a new album. All the other releases that I look forward to are normally deluxe re-issues of old classic rock/prog albums.

Hearing a new Opeth release is always a thrill and a journey.

:kickass:

Keith.

Very true! The only band that i wait to their new record is released in stores instead of downloading the album before the release. Just to get the optimal feeling while listening to it with the booklet in my hands, just like the old days before internet.

Agree 100%! I will add that Mendez's bass work is really groovy. So tasteful, interesting, and just...perfect. I found myself thinking that he was doing a hell of a job on every song. Restraint and style... I can't put it into words, but he really is an excellent bassist.

Agreed - his fills on TNATSW and Bleak are superb, and the slap part on BWP sounds even better than on the studio version.

On TNATSW Mike growls the "You...sleep..." part, instead of whispering it. Sounds pretty good, but it surprised me.

yeah, i was suprised at that but i suppose its not a song that has had much time live to be suprised by he always said he wasnt happy with the original recording & maybe it was one oof the things he wished he had done diffrerent. I would prefer the whisper as supposed to the the growl though, i think the whisper part suits the sliding octave outro better, a bit more sinister but hey, who really gives a fuck we know own a properly recorded live version of the best 'old school' opeth sng ever written:headbang:

I'm gunna extend that thanks to the whole band, and especially Mikael.

I couldnt help it and bought the CDs instead of waiting for the DVD which now I absolutely can't wait for ten times more than before. This was my first Opeth gig cz I missed a few chances to see them, but this has reminded me (not that i needed it!) how much i truly and honestly love opeth and every single note they play!

:kickass::kickass::kickass::headbang::headbang::headbang:

"shut the fuck up" LOL:lol:

I am positive I read about a deluxe edition with fancy packaging. I don't think there were supposed to be any extra tracks so maybe they ditched it.

well, how does your version look like? is it a fold-out thingie inside a carton? than I guess that is the deluxe version. it's the one I have at least, and I don't think it gets more deluxe than that :p

Just got myself a copy of the roundhouse tapes. My god ! Brilliant ! perfect replica of "Under the weeping moon" !. can't believe its a live performance.

Fredrik Akesson : must say what a brilliant replacement for peter. you rule !!!
Martin Axenrot : Brilliant ! Amazing drumming on ghost of perdition !

Just got myself a copy of the roundhouse tapes. My god ! Brilliant ! perfect replica of "Under the weeping moon" !. can't believe its a live performance.

Fredrik Akesson : must say what a brilliant replacement for peter. you rule !!!
Martin Axenrot : Brilliant ! Amazing drumming on ghost of perdition !

uh, it's still Peter on that recording :p

Just bought it, and damnit it sounds AMAZING! This is what a live-album should sound like!! Clear but with enough punch to knock out a grown elephant.. Also great that they mixed in the crowd loud enough, i like to hear people cheering and applauding! I have some live albums in which you hear no crowd at all after a song, sounds stupid!

And Axe did an amazing job i must say! He misses just a really tiny bit of 'groove' or whatever it is that Lopez had, but he makes up for that by playing tight as a chicken's anus.. Great album, can't wait for the DVD! Even though i promised myself that i wouldn't buy the CD but wait for the DVD instead i just couldn't resist when i saw the great looking digipack with the logo of my favorite band on it ;)

Awesome guys, Awesome...

I especially like the gloomy London artwork + Opeth's tour bus looking like it's been in a nuclear fall-out zone...

Well, Opeth certainly shake the earth when they play for us soooo maybe a future theme, scenario, hope not.

Good Luck with your current side project Mike, a little extra something for us all to look forward to next year. :kickass: :tickled: