Thank you for the Roundhouse Tapes, Mikael!

uh, it's still Peter on that recording :p

Indeed it was still Peter. If anyone's interested and has got rocksound tv (or is it rockworld?) then they're airing an interview with Peter which they did before (I think) the show. It's about an hour long and mixed in with footage from the show.

The DVD is gunna be such a treat, for those who catch that interview, you'll see :OMG:

best.live album.ever. .......!

They have spruced up some of the old songs really well! I was quite surprised to hear the difference (thanks a lot to Per)
Amazing sound quality, and awesome performance.

Just bought it, and damnit it sounds AMAZING! This is what a live-album should sound like!! Clear but with enough punch to knock out a grown elephant.. Also great that they mixed in the crowd loud enough, i like to hear people cheering and applauding! I have some live albums in which you hear no crowd at all after a song, sounds stupid!

And Axe did an amazing job i must say! He misses just a really tiny bit of 'groove' or whatever it is that Lopez had, but he makes up for that by playing tight as a chicken's anus.. Great album, can't wait for the DVD! Even though i promised myself that i wouldn't buy the CD but wait for the DVD instead i just couldn't resist when i saw the great looking digipack with the logo of my favorite band on it ;)

As a man who fucks chickens for a living, I must say that was a great analogy. :lol:

Cant judge the quality of a DVD you havent ever seen or heard yet. The album is in no way a representation of how good the quality of the DVD is. I've never heard the album version of Lamentations but all of the DVD rips I've heard have not been quite as "powerful" sounding as TRT. This is especially true for the heavy guitars. I actually like the fact that the distortion parts are louder than the clean parts. It makes for much more effective transitions IMO.

1. When- I cant complain, this is a near flawless representation of the original, with the addition of rhythm keys. I was happy to hear that it was played much faster than it was played on the bootleg vid on youtube. It was way too slow on that one.

2. Ghost of Perdition- Great performance. Mike displays very good clean singing in this. My only beef is the lack of melotrons when the acoustic part kicks in at around 7:00. Totally minor thing though.

3. Under The Weeping Moon- God turned into a song, and it was this one. Mikael said this was the definitive version of the song, and I must agree. Orchid IMO has always been plagued with a lifeless production with very little punch, making it a pretty unaccessible listen for newbies. This performance packs a pretty big punch and makes the song heavier than I ever knew it was. The outro has now become even greater also in part to the keyboards playing the rhythm.

4. Bleak- The intro itself already doesnt live up to the album version much in part to the fact that the album version was produced with much more layering. Mikael's vocals are great, and his version of Steven Wilson's part is fuckin great. I love it. I think the acoustic section is perhaps played to fast, but I'm not Mikael, so who cares what I think.

5. Face of Melinda- I cant compare it much to the SL version, because it has a whole sound of it's own. Lots of flanger in the guitars, and it sounds pretty cool. More of a trippy sounding thing. The vocals sound wonderful. I wish Mikael would have sustained the singing more. I wasnt digging the pausing that much at first.

6. The Night And The Silent Water- Flawless performance. I just like the acoustic guitars in Morningrise much better. They have such a cold grey atmosphere to them, which I love. But back to this, vocals sound great, heavy parts are fuckin heavy.

7. Windowpane- Sounds kinda rushed at first. The snare drum sounds too hard, like Axe is playing a metal song. Very solid performance, maybe even better than the Lamentations version. This was the first time on this cd that I missed Lopez though.

8. Blackwater Park- A Fucking mazing. Cant find anything wrong with it, except that the soft section after the first set of vocals didnt sound like I hoped. After all, that was probably the first Opeth section ever to give me chills up the ass. Band intoduction is classic too.

9. Demon of the Fall- The added keyboards in the intro make it sound so fuckin evil. It reminds me of terrible winds picking up as a demon rises from hell or some shit. Highlight moment.

Conclusion- this rules. Not only do the songs live up to the album versions, in some cases they rival them.

Cant judge the quality of a DVD you havent ever seen or heard yet. The album is in no way a representation of how good the quality of the DVD is. I've never heard the album version of Lamentations but all of the DVD rips I've heard have not been quite as "powerful" sounding as TRT. This is especially true for the heavy guitars. I actually like the fact that the distortion parts are louder than the clean parts. It makes for much more effective transitions IMO.

1. When- I cant complain, this is a near flawless representation of the original, with the addition of rhythm keys. I was happy to hear that it was played much faster than it was played on the bootleg vid on youtube. It was way too slow on that one.

2. Ghost of Perdition- Great performance. Mike displays very good clean singing in this. My only beef is the lack of melotrons when the acoustic part kicks in at around 7:00. Totally minor thing though.

3. Under The Weeping Moon- God turned into a song, and it was this one. Mikael said this was the definitive version of the song, and I must agree. Orchid IMO has always been plagued with a lifeless production with very little punch, making it a pretty unaccessible listen for newbies. This performance packs a pretty big punch and makes the song heavier than I ever knew it was. The outro has now become even greater also in part to the keyboards playing the rhythm.

4. Bleak- The intro itself already doesnt live up to the album version much in part to the fact that the album version was produced with much more layering. Mikael's vocals are great, and his version of Steven Wilson's part is fuckin great. I love it. I think the acoustic section is perhaps played to fast, but I'm not Mikael, so who cares what I think.

5. Face of Melinda- I cant compare it much to the SL version, because it has a whole sound of it's own. Lots of flanger in the guitars, and it sounds pretty cool. More of a trippy sounding thing. The vocals sound wonderful. I wish Mikael would have sustained the singing more. I wasnt digging the pausing that much at first.

6. The Night And The Silent Water- Flawless performance. I just like the acoustic guitars in Morningrise much better. They have such a cold grey atmosphere to them, which I love. But back to this, vocals sound great, heavy parts are fuckin heavy.

7. Windowpane- Sounds kinda rushed at first. The snare drum sounds too hard, like Axe is playing a metal song. Very solid performance, maybe even better than the Lamentations version. This was the first time on this cd that I missed Lopez though.

8. Blackwater Park- A Fucking mazing. Cant find anything wrong with it, except that the soft section after the first set of vocals didnt sound like I hoped. After all, that was probably the first Opeth section ever to give me chills up the ass. Band intoduction is classic too.

9. Demon of the Fall- The added keyboards in the intro make it sound so fuckin evil. It reminds me of terrible winds picking up as a demon rises from hell or some shit. Highlight moment.

Conclusion- this rules. Not only do the songs live up to the album versions, in some cases they rival them.

couldn't agree more....though on Face of Melinda I think Axe shined brilliantly.....hes really putting his stamp on these songs .....this by far has to be the best live album Ive heard yet...a second close would be Sarah McLachlan's Afterglow CD/DVD package....yes u can flame me for listening to Sarah.....hahahaha.....PEAC EOUT

couldn't agree more....though on Face of Melinda I think Axe shined brilliantly.....hes really putting his stamp on these songs .....this by far has to be the best live album Ive heard yet...a second close would be Sarah McLachlan's Afterglow CD/DVD package....yes u can flame me for listening to Sarah.....hahahaha.....PEAC EOUT

will u ever die?

Opeth will never ever dissapoint me. A-FUKIN-MAZING!
BETTER THAN THE STUDIO VERSIONS ALMOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKSSS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think the live versions are in a way BETTER than the studio versions, just because Per adds so much each each song, esp UtWM, NatSW and DotF.

I think if it were not for Per, this album would just be "another" metal live album.

fucking IMMENSE keyboards.

I must admit that I rarely listen to orchid and mornigrise albums. The biggest reason is the crappy sounds, especially on Morningrise. But on the live album the sounds are great and the old songs sound so damn good !!!