DVD 'Roundhouse Tapes' set for November

It will probably be something like this: First, in October, comes the CD-version of it, then in March comes the regular DVD, and in August comes the limited HD version, with added footage. Buy it three times!

I can wait :)

Didn't anyone ever see the Adam Sandler movie, Click? It was filmed in glorious HD and released on normal DVD format. Pop it in, check the picture if you've got it.

It's an hour and 40 some minutes long and has an ass-load of special features, and about 30 trailers... so I really doubt that they would need to release this as a double DVD even if it did have interviews and backstage footage. The only reason they would really release a 2-DVD set is if they wanted to take the cheap way out and use dual wimpy DVD-5 discs rather than a hefty DVD-9 disc. :)

HeftyHeftyHefty.jpg

You clearly, have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

pfft! I've been waiting for this DVD since I left the Roundhouse feeling all giddy! And now I have to wait for a CD before the DVD is out which wont be for yonks now..:cry: (sorry had to have my own rant)

This whole label/music rights thing is annoying, is that why they're releasing separate CD and DVD? But why with Peaceville - they only released Face of Melinda/Still Life with them? I don't get it...but i'm waiting for the DVD

pfft! I've been waiting for this DVD since I left the Roundhouse feeling all giddy! And now I have to wait for a CD before the DVD is out which wont be for yonks now..:cry: (sorry had to have my own rant)

This whole label/music rights thing is annoying, is that why they're releasing separate CD and DVD? But why with Peaceville - they only released Face of Melinda/Still Life with them? I don't get it...but i'm waiting for the DVD

yeah its been a long wait already, i dont think i can take it much longer.

Fuck this I'll wait for the DVD. Also I have to wonder about overdubs, as there were some quite blatant fuck ups on the night. :lol:

yeah its been a long wait already, i dont think i can take it much longer.

Im pretty sure Opeth own the licences for their songs. So they can do what they please with them. Also it being on peaceville at least we know what material the casing will be made out of?

Right well i think the forum fucked up a little there, thats a misquote.

Im pretty sure Opeth own the licences for their songs. So they can do what they please with them. Also it being on peaceville at least we know what material the casing will be made out of?

Right well i think the forum fucked up a little there, thats a misquote.

actually they don't ... I think (unless licenses are something different again in the legal shit that is part of the music industry). that's why they couldn't play older songs on the lamentations DVD remember ...
but this is pretty normal I think, Opeth is not an exception.

that's why they couldn't play older songs on the lamentations DVD remember ...
but this is pretty normal I think, Opeth is not an exception.
But there is Ghost Of Perdition on the CD, and Peaceville (normally) don't have the rights for this song ? Or They have some agreement with Roadrunner ?

2007-09-08

As previously reported Opeth's live album "The Roundhouse Tapes" will be released in Europe on the 22nd of October and in North America on the 20th of November. Release dates for ROW coming soon.

What is ROW?

im actually pretty pissed its not coming out until november in the usa. I assumed it was oct for the usa, and nov for eur. ahwell.