DVD 'Roundhouse Tapes' set for November

ToMnEt

Darkness Warrior
Jan 11, 2006
France, Paris
OPETH are set to release The Roundhouse Tapes on October 22nd via Peaceville. According to a press release, "The Roundhouse Tapes contains a captivating Opeth performance from the Camden Roundhouse, London, UK, on November 9th, 2006 (a gig which also featured PARADISE LOST), and sees the band in scintillating form churning out a selection of classics from their illustrious career. You know what to expect from Opeth: unrivalled composition; seamless progressive dynamics and boundless atmosphere from the mellow to the incredibly heavy, all sealed with the unmistakable vocal presence of mainman Mikael Åkerfeldt.

"The Roundhouse concert will always be a very memorable gig for us for many reasons, but most importantly it caught the band at the peak of the Ghost Reveries tour," says Åkerfeldt. "I must say we're quite tight after 18 odd months on the road supporting the record. I'm extremely pleased we got it documented and I hope it will please our beloved fans as well. As an extra bonus we've decided to collaborate with one of our past labels for this release, the legendary Peaceville Records. Here's a toast to Hammy and Lisa for helping us back in the day as well as to the new team for preserving this pleasurable memory for today’s music lovers as well as for generations to come."

The Roundhouse Tapes tracklisting:
CD1: 'When', 'Ghost Of Perdition', 'Under The Weeping Moon', 'Bleak', 'Face Of Melinda', 'Night And The Stillwater'.
CD2: 'Windowpane', 'Blackwater Park', 'Demon of the Fall'.

Source : Bravewords

Kilelr kilelr killer..>!!!....aweosme....but there is alos a DVD right....so this is insanly cool...im def .gettin teh Cds...adn teh DVD too....PEACE OUT

2 CD's?

is it being released as a dvd/cd set? i was under the impression that it was simply dvd.

I guess it will be released as both: dvd and cd-set. Wasn't there a Lamentations cd-set, too?

not thhat Im aware of....but I woudlnt be surprised if tehre was one....and yeah seems liek this will be a CD/DVD release thignie...which is even better........watch'em on ure 40 inch HD TV....or cruise in teh car...with Bleak blaring.....and windows down...!!!!...and giving teh finger to the cops..!!!!....ok maybe the last one is not a good idea..hahhaha...!!!!....PEAC EOUT

not thhat Im aware of....but I woudlnt be surprised if tehre was one....and yeah seems liek this will be a CD/DVD release thignie...which is even better........watch'em on ure 40 inch HD TV....or cruise in teh car...with Bleak blaring.....and windows down...!!!!...and giving teh finger to the cops..!!!!....ok maybe the last one is not a good idea..hahhaha...!!!!....PEAC EOUT

for the 400th time, shut the fuck up! NOBODY CAN READ WHAT EVER YOU THINK YOU'RE SAYING WHEN YOU TYPE LIKE SOME KIND OF RETARDED WHORE

about the lementations cd, there was one which came only with the opeth CD-set, not alone. And it had a horrible buzz problem, it sucks to make it short.

I honestly think that this wont be released on cd (doesnt mention it) i think when they mention cd1 and cd2, is its probably a double dvd. since its shot in high def, they dont wanna take a chance of clipping or whatever comes with cramming alot of material on one dvd/cd. So there will probably be those songs on dvd 1, then dvd 2 will have the 3 songs, and the interviews they talked about.

Its just my thoughts.

Sounds like it'll just be a double live CD. If it were a DVD, the press release would've mentioned it. no way to really know until Mike stops by!