Thank you for the Roundhouse Tapes, Mikael!

ebayman80

New Metal Member
May 17, 2007
I just downloaded them from Amazon and I am in absolute bliss. Having listened to the original songs countless times, I can give the rather biased hardcore Opeth fan's view that this is album is one anybody who loves Opeth needs to add to their collection. The pieces are flawless renditions of the originals, with the added value of being live. I've never heard a live release sound so fucking good. You have blown my mind Mikael, thank you so much.
Who else is has heard the Roundhouse Tapes? What are your favorite renditions? My personal favorites are "When" and "The Night and the Silent Water."

By the way, Axe is motherfucking fantastic.

Thanks, Mikael? I think they did a good job as a band.
I do consider Mikael a fucking genious for his writing and accoustic guitar parts, but he can't get all the credit.

But I'm gonna get as soon as I get my paycheck next month. I can't wait to hear The Night And The Silent Water

This release is absolutely outstanding!!!

It also got me thinking that Opeth is the only contemporary band that truly gets me fired up on the release of a new album. All the other releases that I look forward to are normally deluxe re-issues of old classic rock/prog albums.

Hearing a new Opeth release is always a thrill and a journey.

:kickass:

Keith.

TNATSW is the reason i bought this more or less, and it is very very good, per's key sections lift up certain parts ang give them a bit more depth which i think works well. Under the weeping moon is at the minute anyway my suprise favourie, great rendition and like most here i never heard a live version of it, BWP also great but personally speaking i thoguh they would have done without windowpaine and maybe thrown in to bid you farewell which would have been orgasmic with that sound quality, afterall it was through peaceville cause and we have windowpaine from lamentations but im sounding like a moaning cunt now but anyhow, overall opinion, 10/10 excellent!

yeah, very nice, although I still think it sucks to release it seperate from the DVD ... when I buy the DVD in a couple of months, it won't have the vibe of something new (the show part that is). the cd should just have been an extra included with the DVD.
but oh well, don't blame Opeth for this or anything. still very nice, I like it a lot and the artwork is nice as well. but I won't go further than "nice" because of the above reason, and the reason that I'm not a big fan of live CD's (only of live DVD's).
(now don't attack me on this :p just my own opinion and feeling about it)

TNATSW is the reason i bought this more or less, and it is very very good, per's key sections lift up certain parts ang give them a bit more depth which i think works well. Under the weeping moon is at the minute anyway my suprise favourie, great rendition and like most here i never heard a live version of it, BWP also great but personally speaking i thoguh they would have done without windowpaine and maybe thrown in to bid you farewell which would have been orgasmic with that sound quality, afterall it was through peaceville cause and we have windowpaine from lamentations but im sounding like a moaning cunt now but anyhow, overall opinion, 10/10 excellent!

Agree 100%! I will add that Mendez's bass work is really groovy. So tasteful, interesting, and just...perfect. I found myself thinking that he was doing a hell of a job on every song. Restraint and style... I can't put it into words, but he really is an excellent bassist.

Listening to it right now... bought it in the morning before work :D

:headbang::headbang::headbang::Smokin::danceboy:

Finally got it in the mail, and I'm just stunned over the sound and fantastic performances of all the members... just awesome!

The sound is great, even streaming it from mp3.com at terrible resolution. Definitely worth buying, and a good souvenir since I was at the show.

under the weeping moon is fucking awesome on this, as good as when i heard it on the night.

i have noticed the cleaned up the start of when though, when they started it was just a blur for the first minute

i see a preorder @ amazon.com for 14.99$
i never ordered from amazon, so can anyone tell me if it includes postage taxes? thanx in advance...

under the weeping moon is fucking awesome on this, as good as when i heard it on the night.

i have noticed the cleaned up the start of when though, when they started it was just a blur for the first minute

The start to When on the live cd is their intro music to all their concerts, I believe.

absolutely brilliant, I almost cried of joy when I listened to it. I love how they played their old songs with a new better sound + Per's outstanding keyboard. The night and the silent water is a reason alone to buy this
unbeliviable record. Mike's growl when the lyrics starts in TNATSW is just epic!

On TNATSW Mike growls the "You...sleep..." part, instead of whispering it. Sounds pretty good, but it surprised me.