SOILWORK and IN FLAMES SHOW

christcrusher

Goddess of All
Jan 3, 2002
Hollywood, CA USA
www.metaljudgment.com
:tickled:
Hey all!! The SOILWORK and IN FLAMES show over here at the PALACE in HOLLYWOOD was out of fucking control!! There was at least 1, 000+ people there and the line went almost around the entire block. It was insane!

SOILWORK was awesome as usual, they played a very good setlist. IN FLAMES was excellent as well, and opened with Cloud Connected as expected.

After the show, John and I went to the Rainbow (where you guys went to the Metal Blade Anniversary pre-party) and all of In Flames and Soilwork hung out. It was fucking wild, total chaos in a drunken haze. I have never seen band members so fucked up, besides the Vehemence guys.

Did any one else check out this show in their town?

CHEERS!

:wave:

Who went to the Phoenix show, was it any good? The show at The Palace was sold out I heard. The line twisted around the whole block. It was a good show I thought, I forgot my earplugs so whatever I heard wasnt too clear, occasionaly I covered my ears to hear my favorite parts.

Towards the end of the show, I met Kerry King and gave him props. I ended up meeting alot of Nuclear Blast reps..and got a couple people asking me whats up with Vehemence too.

The new Soilwork drummer is very good. I finally got to talk to Sven from Soilwork/Embraced which ended up signing Meshells Embraced cd she ordered from Taiwan. The rainbow room after party was a nice festive gathering. Got a little way to drunk, what's new.

Unearth played a pretty good set. they were heavy & all that Jive.

Chimaira was complete shit. Really noisy. Guitars had way too much High end.
The drummer was either inconsistent as fuck with his feet or one the triggers was reading wrong cuz he was just sloppin' through shit.

Soilwork played Nothing before Predators Portrait.
Live the guitars are too thin & Speed cant pull off the vocals. He's backed by all the guitarists.
But they were still pretty bitchin'.

In Flames did a pretty damn good job of mixing up material.
& they sounded really good.
But I hate how they're changing & playing around with riffs in old songs.
Kinda makin' their old stuff more like the new stuff, with more chug chug riffs.
I left around 11:30, cuz I was tired & that was my 5th time seeing them.
So who knows what else they did.

Once again the Hardcore kids proved to be worse than Pantera Jocks & someone got cracked in the head w/ a pipe(that was the word I heard) & about 10 cops showed up & hung out on the floor & on the 2nd story, but they didnt fuck w/ anyone, which was cool.
Some kids were just being hella stupid though, climbing on top off the Roof Area of the Bar & jumping off..."Yeah good idea, now they're gonna Pat Down & be skeptical of having shows like that there".

Do have to admit it was rather entertaining.
& the Most Shocking thing of the night: I didnt see one Fight.
No Metal vs Hardcore or anything like that.
Maybe people are starting to realize that it's all HEAVY MUSIC & you can all share a area of floor to Jump/Swing/Push on.

Overall:
Music pretty damn good.
Crowd pretty entertaining

everyone in Vehemence leaves for 2 weeks at a time, give a home boy a break, the material doesnt take much to practice, ill be back as I never left this time with my fixed amp..

(Soilwork clean vocals) yeah wtf he didnt do any cleans what so ever..from whatI remember.

i was gonna go to the in flames / soilwork show, but both bands have most sadly dissapointed me with thier piece of shit new albums, so i didnt make any effort to go. i will be there for DYYYYIIIIIIIIIIINNNGGG FEEEEEETUUUSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - ben

The8thPlague said:
oh yeah, anyone else notice how Anders is starting to look like Tomas during the Slaughter of the Soul days?
Beard & Dreads.

Really looks like 'em in the Trigger video.

& what's w/ Soilwork in that vid, it's great.
They throw down & then watch 'em perform...Odd?
yeah, or I was even thinking maybe a little chris barnes looking......especially in the trigger video.
and we'll see you on tuesday dmk....