The In Flames vs. Soilwork vs. In Flames videos

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
I think this is the coolest video concept ever...maybe I'm behind the power curve cuz I just got to Italy and all, but this fuckin' rules.

In case you guys don't know, the In Flames "Trigger" video and Soilwork's new "Rejection Role" video are combined to tell the same story, only from different points of view. Basically, one band calls the other sellouts or posers, they show up at each other's "show" (video), then kick each other's asses, all in both of their videos from different points of view. Fuckin' A. I think Speed from Soilwork would fucking eat all of the guys from In Flames, though...he's a big motherfucker.

i saw both on one of the digital music channels, thankfully in flames arent wearing their gay white outfits, good concept though, i vastly prefer the song rejection role to trigger, trigger is so shite, just like the entire "reroute to remain" album

ive not seen either of the vids, i dont watch music channels much they're mostly shite, sounds interesting though, i may have to download them both soon, but i agree where None_So_Vile says rejection role is much better than trigger.... but basically most of the figure number five album is better than reroute to remain..

I'm obviously in the minority, but I prefer RtR over Figure Number Five. I think Soilwork really missed it with that one. Departure Plan and Distortion Sleep are the only songs I really like. The rest of it is pop-metal with boring choruses. RtR is at least catchy.

I dig both of em, but prefer F#5.

Soilwork didn't need blisteringly heaviness with this album...they've found their niche. Some of the parts are a bit lite, though, I will admit. But that doesn't make them any less good. Just because an album might be heavier doesn't mean it's better, IMO.

And A Predator's Portrait was released barely a year after The Chainheart machine... Soilwork are very prolific and saying that the new one came out barely a year after the previous one is no different from the other Soilwork albums.

LuminousAether said:
But NBC was released barely a year after the previous album! The point is moot!

My opinion is that they are running out of momentum. They need to take a break. Simple as that.

Look at Testament. They were releasing an album a year, released Practice What You Preach and followed up that great album up with the not so great Souls of Black.

I don't mind both R2R and FNF. The idea of the videos was a good concept, but there were alot of confused people commenting, "Why are they enemies?!?!" Hehe...