In Flames - New Album/DVD News

Jan 28, 2004
Zohar
inflames.jpg

Used and Abused... In Live We Trust

The In Flames DVD "Used and Abused... In Live We Trust" will be released through Nuclear Blast on June 20.

"Used and Abused... In Live We Trust" tracklist:

Disc 1:
* Live at Sticky Fingers – Sept. 7, 2004 (90 minutes)
01. F(r)iend
02. The Quiet Place
03. Dead Alone
04. Touch Of Red
05. Like You Better Dead
06. My Sweet Shadow
07. Evil In A Closet
08. In Search For I
09. Borders And Shading
10. Superhero Of The computer Rage
11. Dial 595 – Escape
12. Bottled
13. Behind Space
14. Artifacts Of The Black Rain
15. Moonshield
16. Food For The Gods
17. Jotun
18. Colony
19. Pinball Map
20. Only For The Weak
21. Trigger
22. Cloud Connected

* Live at Hammersmith, London – Dec. 27, 2004 (40 minutes):
01. Pinball
02. System
03. Cloud Connected
04. In Search For I
05. Fucking Hostile
06. Behind Space
07. Quiet Place
08. Trigger
09. Touch of Red
10. My Sweet Shadow

* Soundtrack Tour 2004 - Live
01. Only For The Weak
02. Clayman

Disc 2:
* Live in Madrid
01. System

* Live in Australia/Japan
01. Dial 595 - Escape

* Soundcheck in London
01. Dial 595 - Escape

* Soundcheck in London
01. Touch of Red

Promotional Videos:
01. F(r)iend – video
02. My Sweet Shadow – video
03. Touch of Red – video (extended DVD version)
04. The Quiet Place – video

* Jester TV – Universal Access (50 minutes):
- About IN FLAMES
- Interviews with band members
- About the METALLICA show in Madrid
- Behind the "Quiet Place" video shoot
- Behind the "Touch of Red" video shoot
- Other videos: "F(r)iend", "Evil In A Closet"
- About the start of the "Soundtrack" tour 2004
- Summer festival
- "Like You Better Dead" at Metaltown
- About the Japanese Tour
- About the Australian Tour
- L.A. – Roxy
- About the Hammersmith concert
- About the JUDAS PRIEST Tour
- 666 at Scandinavium
- Backstage tour
- About the Sticky Fingers concert

AND

In Flames - Crawl Through Knives

Anders here. I’m in Dug out studio recording my vocals for our new album. Want the title.....drumroll......”CRAWL THROUGH KNIVES”. Yes there it is my friends. Now you can speculate and decide if you will like the album or not....... irony is a wonderful thing.

Everything is going great 8 out of 13 songs done and some titles are: Crawl through knives, Dead end, Leeches, Surrender?, Reflect the storm, Take this life. I feel it’s a good mix of everything IN FLAMES stands for, but it’s me speaking....

Next week we’ll start mixing in Tonteknink/Umeå and at the end of May the album is DONE.

"You'll hate the way it sounds... I guarentee it." (play off of those shitty old Burlington Coat Factory commercials)

I did not dislike the newest offering from In Flames... granted they have not been the group we knew back in the mid ninetees for some time now, and in all seriousness, Colony and some of Clayman were the last really good offerings from the band, Soundtrack was certainly a step up from Reroute to Remain... in any case, one can always hope.

This DVD has been in the works for some time now, and any chance there was that I would have bought it has gone out the window with the inclusion of the entire STYE album. I liked RtR pretty well; it was better than Clayman, but still, I have no hope that the new album will be any good.

Erik said:
Playing entire albums live... I mean, you can do that if you're Slayer and the album is "Reign in Blood", but this comes off as more than a little unnecessary and pretentious... NOT THAT I CARE EITHER WAY TBH

Opeth pulled it off fairly well, even though they did add a couple songs from Deliverance and Blackwater Park towards the end.

Clayman was the last good album. A step down from colony and everything preceding it but still good.

Jean-Pierre said:
Opeth doesn't do anything well. Neither does In Flames. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I AM A SUPERMAN. I READ NIETZSCHE.
AznKiser: oh EL O EL YO0 HAB "SUPER" IN UR SN
AznKiser: nietzche RULEZ
superwanbini: haha, I guess I am a superman.
AznKiser: Being as that you're half sand my pals, I think not. VARG THINGS NOT lawwwl

I'm really partial to r2r for some reason. very underrated

their other stuff is good but can be overrated at times

New album on the other hand not so good : /

That's a hell of a lot of songs. And is that a Pantera cover I see there?

I also thought Reroute To Remain was okay, but no, I didn't think much of Soundtrack To Your Escape. It's not the general feel of the songs that's bad (songs like Ordinary Story and Colony sound similar), but just the execution...

The sheer number of tracks may as well make this worth it though. The tracks will probably sound better live than in studio. Well, I hope so, anyway.

In Flames will never get money from me again. I bought their other records and you see how that turned out. Fucking N' Flamz is combo of Linking Park and Korn now. If I ever see them, I'm gonna ask them why the suck now.