New In Flames avaliable

Death Aflame

voice of dissent
Feb 1, 2004
-The Quiet Place
-Touch of Red
-Borders and Shading

are all off of IF new release "Soundtrack to Your Escape" and are avaliable for Download on any decent file sharing application.

The problem is, that well the songs are the absolute worst thing ever composed by the band. If In Flames wants to sound like a generic nu-metal band with some very minimal leads they did it here. :erk:

This album looks to mark the end of the In Flames we once knew. Tis a sad day.

Well, its their best work since Colony. Let's face it, R2R was a step up from Clayman, and these songs are probably their darkest yet. It's far from numetal

How so? It was a refreshing change from a tired formula that was wearing thin. I found the dark, upbeat melodies combined with the pained, choral vocals quite disturbing, and what they are doing to their sound was far more interesting than what Dark Tranquillity is doing (nothing, that is). I've heard enough happy lead guitar melodies to last a lifetime - In Flames should be commended for their move! :cool:

Hibernal I agree and disagree with your previous statements. On one hand I agree it is time In FLames grew as a band- and lets face it they cant write melo death as well as Dark Tranquility. But, i wouldnt call R2R a step up in any category. Where is that album dark- or have any atmosphere- id rather listen to the sex pistols

Use soulseek. I got all three in a matter of minutes.

And how can these be considered In Flames darkest songs? They stink of horrid nu-metal all the way through, Anders is trying his hardest to increase his vocal range but he fails miserably here where at least in R2R he sticks to what is unique with his voice. Sure there trying something different for themselves, but it is far from innovative within an industry that has already been saturated with lame nu-metal acts.

There is a much better way to incorporate melody with synths, melodic vocals then what i heard from those 3 songs. All that matters is that this stuff sucks, and unless the other 10 songs on the album are exponentially better it will be a very very shitty album from what used to be one the best melo-death bands ever.

The lead melody in Quiet Place is classic In Flames - except here, the rhythm guitar plays a greater role, allowing layers of electronics to take the place of the lead guitar. The main harmony in Borders and Shading is also trademark IF. The vocals are also much more expressive and emotional, whereas in Clayman they were monotonic and bland. The songs are dark because there is no lead guitar screaming out the main melody, so many other aspects of the songs stick out, its much more multi-faceted than their previous work and takes in many more influences. It's nothing like nu-metal or radio rock. A Touch of Red sees the band experimenting with different rhythms. When the song climaxes the same folkish, heroic melodies are there. What's wrong with all this? Have the band evolved too far for your liking? The reason you don't like it is the lack of catchy melodies, and because it is less enjoyable than the other albums. But this is not music you can dance to or bang your head - its still as thoughtful as ever, still the same band that fell into stagnation after Jester Race. So i'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the CD, and have high hopes.

Clayman was the pinnacle of Studio Fredman goodness and they made a badass album from it. Reroute to Remain was, if anything, 2 steps down for the band. They got away from Studio Fredman and their sound changed quite a bit. R2R is NOT Clayman, Colony, Whoracle, The Jester Race, or any of their previous work. It's below what the legendary In Flames is. Granted yes it does still have decent songs, just not up to par with their previous work creativity-wise and production-wise. I haven't heard The Quiet Place or any other sogns off the new album, but it certainly looks to be staying on its course downhill...