IN FLAMES Set Title, Release Date For New Album

what kind of logic is that? you say doing a TJR carbon copy sucks, but doing a R2R or Watch them feed one not? oh man...

ok.... never mind I said that, another TJR would be great, and just to let you know, I think R2R and TJR are equal in quality.... for the most part, I love the diversity of R2R and I don't really think theres any really weak tracks, while TJR has a couple average tracks that I don't listen to very much, while the others are by far some of their best material.... I guess if TJR was more consistent (imo) id like it a lot more....

ahh doesn't really matter, they are all amazing albums in my opinion, but Colony and Clayman are still my favorites by far....

R2R? Diversity? Count the riffs and melodies on TJR, it's full beginning to end; R2R's are far more simple, overly downtuned guitars can't hide that, and taking out a few notes here and there from old riffs is hardly creative. Throwing in a couple experimental mellow songs doesn't make an album diverse. That being said, there are plenty songs on that album I really enjoyed, but they really aren't in the same league as TJR, or any other In Flames albums

Golden Hall said:
And you really think Moonshield is overrated?
yes. its one of thier most boring songs. it gets old after 2 listens.

And as for diversity on R2R, its by far their most diverse musically. You may not like it all, but I do. The riffing styles througout the album are very diverse, ranging from thrashy to very melodic to heavy, etc.... TJR kinda stays in the same riffing "mode" thoroughout the album, not that that's bad.... some of their best tracks are on it.... plus R2R is quite energetic and extremely catchy the whole way through.....

anyways, im just stating things i like about r2r.... like I said, I think that both albums are great, and are at the same level to me. but neither are my favorites from IF. btw, heres how i'd rate them....

1. Colony
2. Clayman
3. Jester Race
Reroute to Remain
4. Whoracle
5. Lunar Strain

I agree that Colony just might be In Flames' most overrated album (I love Ordinary Story, though), but saying TJR is equal to R2R is just wrong. Not objectivly, but almost :)

i predict it will suck awefully. I hope that it sounds like whoracle or lunar strain. If it sounds like clayman, R2R, or Trigger EP i will have to kill myself

Black Tears said:
i predict it will suck awefully. I hope that it sounds like whoracle or lunar strain. If it sounds like clayman, R2R, or Trigger EP i will have to kill myself
Oh noes!!!! We lost another In Flames fanboy.

*yawns*