IN FLAMES Set Title, Release Date For New Album

I seriously hope this cd will be better than r2r (i wish it would be btter than clayman too, but that's probably hard to beat, clayman being their best album) but i don't have too much expectations for the first time because Daniel B. was the producer again (argh i want Fredrik againnnn).

Good :p
I personally really liked it.. I hope they'll keep F(r)iend as the opening song, cause it really blew me away from the first second. We only got the chance to hear it once.. But I'm sure you'll read much more about it in the next issue of all the big magazines.

Anneke said:
Good :p
I personally really liked it.. I hope they'll keep F(r)iend as the opening song, cause it really blew me away from the first second. We only got the chance to hear it once.. But I'm sure you'll read much more about it in the next issue of all the big magazines.
What can we expect? Typical In Flames, or have they done anything new in terms of experimentation? Which existing album did it sound most alike?

Isn't it exciting? I feel like a kid at Christmas :-/

I am too very interested on what the sound was like Anneke. If it was anything like Watch Them Feed/Land of Confusion, I can die a happy man.

i agree, those titles sound really shity... i'll kill myself for saying this... but it seems like a nu-metal album. I guees all we can do its wait and don't come out with any stupid conclussions before we actually give the album a listen.

I've been an IF fan since the begining, and it dosen't matter to me if it sonds like papa roach whit real guitarrs... i'll buy the fucking album anyway.

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
i agree, those titles sound really shity... i'll kill myself for saying this... but it seems like a nu-metal album. I guees all we can do its wait and don't come out with any stupid conclussions before we actually give the album a listen.
yes please..... none of this "nu-metal because of odd titles" crap.... if you go into the album with a negative mind, your probably gonna hate it.... if you go in with a positive mind, and look for the good things, it will be the exact opposite.... more people would like r2r if they did that..... i guarauntee.....

ok, the news are on the official site, too... but I still don't want to believe that these are the official songtitles... maybe they are working titles?

oh well, if the album is kickass enough, I will definitely not mind these songtitles anyway...

id rather hear it myself rather than take someone's word. if one person in paticular doesn't like an album then, too many of you are already going to start making pre-opinions on the album, or as I had said earlier, will go into the album with a negative attitude and most definately dislike it.

SunlapseVertigo said:
id rather hear it myself rather than take someone's word. if one person in paticular doesn't like an album then, too many of you are already going to start making pre-opinions on the album, or as I had said earlier, will go into the album with a negative attitude and most definately dislike it.
I guess that if you don't want to see peoples' opinions then you'd better not read it? You're very defensive over this album! Surely all that matters is if you like it yourself?

... mike ammott was right when he said metal fans are bitches ... youre always saying shit before actualy listening to the music ... yes, why wait for the album to come out ? start bashing In Flames NOW ! (ok...i stole this line from the other thread)

Moonshield said:
I guess that if you don't want to see peoples' opinions then you'd better not read it? You're very defensive over this album! Surely all that matters is if you like it yourself?
true, but I'm just giving suggestions.... thats all.... maybe people should think about this.... besides, I'd rather have people like the album.... I know nothings gonna change that much, but too many people hate R2R and complain there is none of the "typical IF sound" when there clearly is.... a lot of people just don't care to look or notice.... I believe that's cause by the "negative attitude"....

From the moment people first heard Reroute to Remain, that was the end for In Flames from the "credibility" point of view. No matter WHAT they do now, there are a horde of people who are sitting waiting to bash it. Look at those song titles - there are countless 'old In Flames fans' who are going to look at those and say "THIS SUCKS, IT'S WORSE THAN SELLOUT TO REMAIN". These people are stupid!! This has been highlighted by my caps lock. hahaha. Honestly, don't waste your time even thinking about people who dismiss an album based on its song titles. It's their loss. Everyone who appreciates this band will listen to the album, and the only people who are going to have preconceptions about it are the people who didn't like RTR. Then they'll bitch because they'll hear it and it won't sound like The Jester Race, and they'll feel cheated. But I won't care because I'll be sitting here listening to the great new In Flames album.