IN FLAMES Set Title, Release Date For New Album

NeverDying

Weapon Of Ass Destruction
Dec 28, 2002
Montréal
IN FLAMES Set Title, Release Date For New Album - Nov. 15, 2003

Sweden's IN FLAMES have set "Soundtrack To Your Escape" as the title for their forthcoming album, due in Europe on March 29, 2004.

The follow-up to 2002's "Reroute To Remain" was recorded at a rented house/converted studio in Denmark with producers Daniel Bergstrand (MESHUGGAH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD) and Örjan Örnkloo (ex-MISERY LOVES CO.) and is currently being mixed at Galaxy Studios in Mol, Belgium. Mastering will take place at the Cutting Room in Stockholm, Sweden.

The following is the tentative track listing for "Soundtrack To Your Escape" (in no particular order):

01. F(r)iend
02. The Quiet Place
03. Borders And Shading
04. Discover Me Like Emptiness
05. Touch Of Red
06. Bottled
07. Dead Alone
08. Superhero Of The Computer Rage
09. Like You Better Dead
10. Dial 595-Escape
11. Evil In A Closet
12. In Search For I
13. My Sweet Shadow

"Soundtrack To Your Escape" will be released in Europe through Nuclear Blast Records, with whom the group have two albums remaining under the terms of their present contract. IN FLAMES are currently in negotiations with several labels about a possible North American record deal. More information will be made available soon.

www.blabbermouth.net

The titles are beyond gay, they're utterly awful. I'm glad that there was a photo of Anders screaming among the ones that the official site has of the new recording. If I hadn't seen that photo, and I'd seen those titles, I would have thought "clean vocals all the away through". Those titles wouldn't be out of place on a Papa Roach album. Obviously I am waiting to hear it before I make any decisions about it, but that's just BAD!

Moonshield said:
The titles are beyond gay, they're utterly awful. I'm glad that there was a photo of Anders screaming among the ones that the official site has of the new recording. If I hadn't seen that photo, and I'd seen those titles, I would have thought "clean vocals all the away through". Those titles wouldn't be out of place on a Papa Roach album. Obviously I am waiting to hear it before I make any decisions about it, but that's just BAD!
What the fuck are you talking about.... that makes no sense at all, sure, you may think the song titles suck but what does vocals and Papa Roach have to do with it....

I don't think they are bad, COB's Hate Crew Deathroll had much worse song titles....

It was a totally throwaway comment, meant to be ignored like everything else I say on the ultimate metal forums. Let me explain: old In Flames song titles: Stand Ablaze, Upon an Oaken Throne, Subterranean, Artifacts of the Black Rain, etc. New In Flames song titles: The Quiet Place, Borders and Shading, My Sweet Shadow. These titles are crap and gay, and the sort of titles I would expect to find on a Papa Roach album. I then continued my Papa Roach analogy by implying that the new album is going to SOUND like Papa Roach, by referring to the vocals. I said that I'm glad there was a pic of Anders screaming, because that means that it's not all clean singing like Papa Roach.

Let me put it another, more simple way: I was joking. Obviously my sarcasm went above your head.

The titles really are pretty bad though. Worse than CoB I think, because Children of Bodom always have a degree of cheesiness about them, and the new album just went a step further. In Flames have never come up with anything as dreadful as these before though. But who cares. I'm waiting for March.

woooahhhH! This better be good. :headbang:

"09. Like You Better Dead" sounds famililar

who cares if the song titles are a bit gay as long as those songs kickass woohoo :cool:

I still believe that it's gonna be a kickass album, but seriously you all have to admit that some of those songtitles sound uber-gay(I mean "Discover me like emptiness, "Superhero of Computer Rage", "Dial 595-Escape", the others even sound quite interesting.).

commandante said:
I still believe that it's gonna be a kickass album, but seriously you all have to admit that some of those songtitles sound uber-gay(I mean "Discover me like emptiness, "Superhero of Computer Rage", "Dial 595-Escape", the others even sound quite interesting.).
Definitely, I'm sure it will kick ass. After all, the only track they've done since RTR - Watch Them Feed - kicks ass. And I suppose that title is just as gay as some of these. I can't wait to hear it, but this time I'm going to do myself a favour and NOT download any of the leaked tracks. I'll wait til I have the album in my hands before I listen to a single note. I'll try and avoid reviews too, I want a surprise!

@ Kill Me n0w - that's an interesting point, you're right! That's a first for an In Flames album.

btw, I seriously started to doubt if these news are official. the only update about this is the one on blabbermouth.net(don't tell me smnnews, that article is just copy-paste from blabbermouth), no update on the official site, no update on swedish metal, no update on nuclear blast... this news can be either totally fake or IF's attempt to some serious joking(hint:Linkin Flames).

commandante said:
btw, I seriously started to doubt if these news are official. the only update about this is the one on blabbermouth.net(don't tell me smnnews, that article is just copy-paste from blabbermouth), no update on the official site, no update on swedish metal, no update on nuclear blast... this news can be either totally fake or IF's attempt to some serious joking(hint:Linkin Flames).

This news is official.. I was there at the prelisteningsession in Belgium.. We got to hear the whole album. The songtitles are in random order and it's possible some songs won't be on the album but will be used for B-sides and stuff like that.. Basing yourselves on some song titles to make out how an album will sound is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.