Mikael should sing for In Flames.

I find it amazing that back in 97-98 In Flames were the best new thing to happen to metal in a long time, and now to most of us they are completely insignificant. I also agree that the vocals aren't as good anymore and I'm talking about the harsh vocals. They sound too much like generic black metal screeching to me. I started to not like the vocals with clayman.

Anyone else here afraid that the most influencial band now OPETH may fall just like In Flames? As great as Deliverance is, the album is the most unoriginal album for them (meaning, sounding like other bands). I think that Opeth's next album will be the determining factor of their significance. I'm hoping they will blow us away with the next one, but who knows.

Miller High Death: Can you find me some more deliverance-albums please? If there are other bands that sound like that, I'm looking forward to hear them!

whatever they're doing it for, it sucks. They have progressed, sure, but negatively (to most people's ears) - that's why there's so much whining. People are reacting to the negative progression that they hear in IF. In my opinion, R2R wasn't BAD, but wasn't really good either. that was the record that really introduced me to metal though - i was listening to other bullshit before that. then i heard of opeth and katatonia, and it all went uphill from there.

in flames aren't the same band....that is true....but if you listen to morningrise and orchid....niether are opeth....fortunately, they changed for the better....and inflames just stayed...uhh...ok...

In Flames is a Jawesome band, I cant wait until they roll back through California! Plus I dont think Mikeal should sing for In Flames, that would take too much time away from the Opeth... So what if In Flames wants money... Its their career.. they have to put bread on the table just like you or I.

Anders wouldn't leave & besides Mikael dosen't even really like In Flames ( I'm sure he's good mates with them all) because in an interview i read he said he respects In Flames as a band but there music is just not his thing, aswell as Arch Enemy & Soilwork.

estimate said:
Miller High Death: Can you find me some more deliverance-albums please? If there are other bands that sound like that, I'm looking forward to hear them!

Sorry Estimate, I think I gave you and maybe others the wrong idea. Very true nobody sounds like Opeth and there are no other albums that sound like deliverance either. I'm going to take another stab at explaining something that is really subtle in the grand scheme of things. All of Opeth's albums are incredibly unique, but if I had to choose which one was the least unique out of their entire catalogue, I would say Deliverance. Why, because when I listen to it there is much more open e (thrash like riffs). Also, on wreath the opening riff is very morbid angel in style, Mike even said so. None of these things are a bad thing, I was just surprised to hear them playing (for a lack of a better term) very heavy metal. But then again Mike said he wanted to write a real heavy album and that is exactly what he did, mission completed! I'm so looking forward to the next Opeth album, and I hope it is a revolutionary one!

Out of all the bands I've listened to, I think Daylight Dies comes the closest to sounding kinda like Opeth. They may be a band to watch out for.
:headbang:

Miller High Death said:
Out of all the bands I've listened to, I think Daylight Dies comes the closest to sounding kinda like Opeth. They may be a band to watch out for.
:headbang:

I disagree, but they are good nonetheless.

I like the new album, although its nothing like Colony its better than R2R and "The Quiet Place" is the only one that sounds somewhat mainstream. If they have to sacrifice one song of their album to attract more listeners and they do it successully, more power to them.