Random Thoughts...

Yeah totally, that's why I said if you have the right people playing with you I see it as being a bigger asset to being able to progress. But again, as I think of it more I'm only really speaking from how it is for me and seeing the argument from my perspective. This is mainly Because I am able to compare the times when it used to be just me as the only creative force in a band, where as now I have another 2 people who are totally capable of writing and composing(as you well know hehe). And it's just not really comparable for me cause I've got both ends of the spectrum to compare with one another. And playing with other muso's who are good muso's, and have the same creative drive as me is the single most pleasing experience I've encountered since being sa musician.
I guess what supports your argument quite strongly is the fact that a lot, if not most bands...... once they find their thing, they settle into it, and if it's received well don't ever think about altering it because it's safe to stay as they are.