ANTHRAX Melbourne.

Sydo

Apr 13, 2001
Firstly, the crowd was huge, completely packed. The place must have been a sellout, or at least very close to. Great to see such support.

Embodiment were shit. Besides questioning just how this band was selected for the opening spot, I’m not going to spend any time ever thinking of them again. They suck.

Killswitch Engage were unbelievable! The crowd were really into these guys and the band totally loved it! Not only did they rock, they seemed to love every second of it! NEW FAN!

Soilwork were decent. As good as they were, and they were great, they seem to struggle to recreate their sound in a live setting. At least that was the case last night. A little disappointing but still enjoyable.

Anthrax. :)

I just got home... it was a great gig. I pretty much concur with Sydo's points. I think the mix let Soilwork down a bit as I struggled to hear the guitars at times and the melodic guitars is what makes them as a band.

Anthrax were as good as I'd hoped they'd be though. I thought the setlist was near perfect and I left the gig one happy camper - but today I am one happy camper with an incredibly sore neck :headbang:

Does anyone have a spare ticket stub from the Melbourne show?
The bastards took the whole thing on the way in and I didn't see them handing them out again when I left. :(

Cooperman said:
Nah Sydo... they took the tickets "to count them" but they said they'd put them out at the end for people to take on the way out... but they didn't :erk:
That sucks. I really want to chase one down. :(
Maybe I should call them or something.

Couldn't they have counted a ticket stub, rather than taking the whole ticket?

Sounds like it was a good show. Fark, if it had been staged a couple of months later..... Why did they put it on right after Opeth and Entombed???

Winmar said:
Couldn't they have counted a ticket stub, rather than taking the whole ticket?
Yes, yes they could have. But they preferred to be annoying.

Thanks. I think I was long overdue for a change.
Where's it from? It's from my head.