Melbourne Reviews

phlogiston

Bejabbers!
Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
Visit site
Awesome show.

I was 15, maybe 20 meters away from the stage, just far enough from the crush not to be crushed, but not far enough away not to jostled. Planted myself just to right where Adrian *always* is. *Always*.

Missed Lauren, but that didn't worry me particularly much.

Vanishing Point were great, but their sound was a bit muddy like they were all turned up too loud, which I kinda think they were. Probably because they weren't allowed to play with the big toys.

Maiden were *great*. Adrian came out of the left next to Dave. Bastard. Oh well, Janick's entertaining to watch. A few minor sound issues here and there, and I don't know what they were smoking just before Heaven Can Wait because it was all over the shop. I think everyone screwed something up at some point, it was just a dogs breakfast. Hopefully it'll be better tonight.

I'm thinking tonight up in the seats will be a very different show. When you're up that close to a biggish stage you can only see what's infront of you, so I missed all the Dave/Adrian/Steve interaction.

Hey Aaron,

I lost you after the pub... I was up behind where you were standing (right of stage)... I saw you and that other guy wander down to where you stood..

What an awesome show.. great stage, FANTASTIC lighting and effects..

I was watching Rod at the sound desk and at the end he was all smiles so MAYBE he can see the $$$ in coming back...

Might see you tonight as well..

quick question at what stage were you given the wristbands for floor ??? was that entry to the venue or from the guy at the end of the steps???

Dave and I want to try and get on the floor tonight but we have seats only :( - any ideas how to do this???

cheers!

We had to go the wrist-band-giving-room outside door 10. They take your ticket before you go in and give you a wrist band, and if you don't have your wrist band they won't let you down the stairs. You can try, but I'm not sure of your chances, unless you wait for a couple of songs and jump down then.

You're given back *a* ticket on the way out, so if you're attached to the on you have you might want to scan it or something. I had ticket 667, but ended up with ticket 97 :(

Great show, was lucky enough to get backstage and also have a drink with a few members of the band afterward.

I was kinda surprised there were quite a few mistakes and the sound was very dodgy for the first few songs. It's kinda cool seeing them stuff up as well though, reminds you they are actually human!!

I'd love to go again tonight but sadly no ticket!

Sounds like their getting themselves sorted for the big show in Brisbane....:lol:

just jealous I didn't get to see the first show...:erk:

You might be right about the sound, being so close that is. This is why I'm glad I'm up one level and looking down onto the stage I should get to see the hole show...:headbang:

Great show !! Was seated in the gold section and it was awesome to see the band run around on stage and interact. Yeah there was a few sound problems now n then and also a few miskates but what a night !! Will be on the floor for 2nd show and can't wait for that.

I stood on the floor a reasonable way back. Not a bad spot, but I reckon gold seats would give a better view.

The sound seemed pretty quiet for the first few songs. Either they turned it up after that or my ears adjusted to it.

How'd you get backstage, PIV?

Right, I'd better go home and get something to eat in time to head back to Rod Laver Arena to WATCH IRON MAIDEN ALL OVER AGAIN!! :headbang:

Thank fuck for that thought Gorey.

I was thinking that if a falsetto Indian "please be running to your hills immediately" was the highlight of the show.......?????

There was a question about Maiden's tour on "Out of the Question" tonight, that new Glenn Robbins show. They didn't really spend enough time on the subject to treat the band with much disdain.

We got to hear Brucey do his 'falsetto' again last night. Hah! It's an amazing thing when you look up and see Bruce Dickinson standing singing a few metres away from you.

Me and my mate had awesome seats last night, sitting in the first row of the gold section on the side. Dave spent a lot of his time standing looking our way. He played guitar every now and then too.

Anyway, great show again. A bit more variation in the set list would have been nice though.