Melbourne Reviews

First Melbourne
06022008143.jpg

06022008153.jpg

06022008146.jpg

I joked with my mate that Sylvio was reading off a lyrics sheet - must have been at the same point, when he was looking downwards while singing for a while. :) I thought VP's sound was a lot better on the second night as well. One question - where was the keyboard player?!

It would have been nice to have been able to go up to Sydney, but the Maiden set would probably have been the same anyway.

He probably was because he's a forgetful bugger heh heh and I tend to write lyrics as I see them , which I suppose he wishes would be more easier for him , but yeah , we have no keyboard player at all , hence the reason why we have a laptop near the drums otherwise it would not sound as full.
Was it during Surrender in which he was looking down because it was during that song that the battery in the wireless microphone shit itself .

I joked with my mate that Sylvio was reading off a lyrics sheet - must have been at the same point, when he was looking downwards while singing for a while. :) I thought VP's sound was a lot better on the second night as well. One question - where was the keyboard player?!

It would have been nice to have been able to go up to Sydney, but the Maiden set would probably have been the same anyway.

If it's any consolation, Chris, Behind Crimson Eyes got heaps of boos and stuff. They weren't THAT bad - they would have been better if it was 10 years ago and that sort of thing was fresh and new - but plenty of people hated them and the band knew it.

Ah Spiff , its no problem for me , I feel for the guys because its a tough gig to not be everyones favourite yet thats the way it goes , I hope the guys do well in Brisbane as well , its a great gig and as I mentioned IM and their crew are total gentlemen , everyone was so good to work with :)

If it's any consolation, Chris, Behind Crimson Eyes got heaps of boos and stuff. They weren't THAT bad - they would have been better if it was 10 years ago and that sort of thing was fresh and new - but plenty of people hated them and the band knew it.

He probably was because he's a forgetful bugger heh heh and I tend to write lyrics as I see them , which I suppose he wishes would be more easier for him , but yeah , we have no keyboard player at all , hence the reason why we have a laptop near the drums otherwise it would not sound as full.
Was it during Surrender in which he was looking down because it was during that song that the battery in the wireless microphone shit itself .

Yeah he was looking down a fair bit during Surrender, but as well as other songs.. He does look at lyrics occasionally though, doesn't he? I'm sure I've seen it in the past... Pretyt funny to see, really :) At last he admits he can't remember lyrics :lol:

What did everyone thing of Maiden's sound on Sat?? I think it was pretty ordinary, especially considering in Melbourne it was great for most of the time. Sounded like there was a fair bit of clipping, and just not a clear mix for a lot of the night.

Didn't bother with BCE, sounds like it was a wise decision. REminds me of Bruce in Melbourne - "do you Australians actually like anyone??" "NOOOOOOOOOO"

maidenbillboardrodlaver.jpg

Lots of people indeed. Check out the neck on the dude looking to the heavens:

maidencrowd.jpg

Awesome seats, horrible camera. Steve Harris has wings!

harrisbrucey.jpg

Hey Chris,

I got talking to this NZ couple in the beer line at the 1st Sydney show (I had ticket number 666 and was pretty pissed so was just making random idiotic chit chat with everyone who walked past.... the ticket was an amazing ice breaker :) )

Anyway, this NZ couple had been to both Melbourne shows and they asked if I had checked out the Sydney support bands... I said nah, not interested... And they then started fucking raving about Vanishing Point opening in Melb. They had never heard of you guys but said you's were awesome (they even mentioned the shitty sound) but were very impressed. They said the 1st thing they did when they got back to the hotel was look online to see if you's had any cd's and shit out. They were going to order em all when they got back to NZ if they can't find em in shops... and not to blow smoke in your asshole (cause they really did say this), but they said the guitar player with the goatee was awesome and so was Silvio.... They also said Maiden were better than you guys though. haha

But rock on bro!

Yeah, Vanishing Point won quite a few new fans, I think. It probably helps that they seem to have brought in their own fans to up the mood (on the first night there were a few singing every word of every song there), but on the second night there were heaps of people asking about them and sounding mighty impressed.

Great job Chris. Pass on all the good words.