Band Stalking

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
So with a loose idea that Maiden would be landing in Melb sometime yesterday afternoon / evening I made my way down to the city and then the airport to try catch a glimpse of them leaving customs, maybe get something signed and a photo. They were pretty quick out the door and to the taxi rank where their cars were waiting, but I did manage a quick hello, handshake and signature from 'Arry, Davey and Adrian. I totally missed Janick as he seemed to just appear next to his vehicle, and Nicko didn't seem to be in the mood for fandom, but thats cool. I still had a blast seeing them up close in the flesh. The staff told us that Brucey could be a few hours away from leaving, and the friend I was with didn't want to wait so we bailed.

Nice way to start Maiden week! :headbang:

Maybe you can make an anonymous tip-off that terrorists are planning to blow up a plane disguised as a rock band and they'll have to go through check-in like everyone else?

Anyone know where the band are staying in Melbourne tonight? I was lucky enough to meet Adrian and saw Janick, Bruce and Rod with most of the crew and the bassist from Lauren Harris's support band last time at a pub in the city after the first show, wondering if they might be there again this time around?

Hey Blitz, nice work.

I did walk past Bridie O'Reilly's last night near where I parked in the city, but it was closed. Drove past the Elephant & Wheelbarrow and thought that was the next place worth a look but decided to head home. Next week I'll check them out for sure, thanks mate. You going to Soundwave?

Fuck me, what a last few days. Where to begin.

After the show we cruised past Bridie's but it was closed, so decided The Elephant and the Wheelbarrow would be the next best bet. We walked in and heaps of crew members were inside, including Dick Bell and most of the management team...but no band members. I wandered to the bar next to the managers to order a drink, and they bailed me up and made me buy them a round because "I was the pest hanging around the hotel earlier today" haha! I complied with their request in hope to get in the good books, and after an hour of talking shit they seemed to like me. They said they could hook me up with tickets to any of the other dates on the tour if I was able to make it to them, but I sadly had to decline, unable to make it to Sydney the following night. They then decided that since I had no luck catching the guys at the hotel, that they would give me a copy of the bands day schedule for the next day, to ensure I knew where they were and when to be there. Told me to be at the hotel by noon tomorrow and they would hook me up. All the while, they were texting back and forth with Bruce and Janick, waiting for them to get to the bar. Bruce was about an hour later getting back from the venue so decided not to make it down, but Janick turned up and we had a bit of fun with him.

The next day me and a mate hit the hotel before noon as suggested, no other fans around (as Ed Force One left earlier that morning, all the folks on the official forum thought the band was long gone) and when the guys came down after checking out they were in great moods and had time for us. I only had a second to get Bruce to sign my vinyl as he was last down and running late, but I was still fucking stoked. So happy!

I might hit the bar again after Soundwave just in case Bruce does come down for a drink. I would love to get a pic with him or have a chat for a minute.

Yes I'm hitting Soundwave, can't wait now!

Bruce was aiming to be there at midnight, but got caught up. I think Janick was there around 11:30 maybe? We walked straight there from the venue, and when we got there heaps of the crew were already there with more pouring in.

Sounds good! Might be worth going there again after Soundwave. Glad to hear you got to meet the band! Were they nice?

Why did Ed Force One leave without them?

They were all quite nice! Steve was very quiet as you would expect, but hung around the longest. Bruce was in a rush, but I think that is because he was last down from the hotel and was running late...still stopped to sign for us though. When the car was about to pull away, Adrian even rolled down his window to ask if we had anything else we'd like signed. What a legend.

The plane left early to get the stage set up in Sydney on time, the band got a private jet so they didn't have to get up early lol.

A workmate excitedly came to me today and said she was off to a certain large hotel in East Melbourne where there's a Census conference on because our media manager had met someone in Maiden's camp there and they were trying to get them to don Census shirts as a promo thing. I went along with her but didn't see Maiden. Was told though that they had been drinking in the bar there last night. I saw other bands in the lobby but didn't know who they were - thought one was the Sword's vocalist though. I thought of going back tonight but realised I had no camera etc.

Anyway yeah PIV, I might be keen for a beer in the city at some venue Maiden might frequent!

Me and a mate went to a pub local to the Melvins/Primus show on Monday and there were tons of bands in there, but I didn't know any of them although I think the singer from Bring Me the Horizon was one of them. The Sword guys were at the Primus gig. They're top dudes.

Ah I will head there next time they're here. The one in the city, I'm assuming?

Sorry I had to go home, PIV. Do you work in the city?