More Maiden news from Kevin Shirley's diary

phlogiston

Bejabbers!
Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
Visit site
* The new Iron Maiden album is all finished - all the stereo mixes, the surround mixes and the mastering - and so my job there is now done, and this new album has been such a lot of fun to make. I think everyone involved has really enjoyed it. It is a very organic album, and the basic tracks really reflect the way the band plays. Of course there is more dimension to it than it just being a raw performance, and the overdubs are fairly diverse, including everything from acoustic guitars and an orchestra to slamming guitars and monstrous explosions! Pictured above, in the studio, are Rod Smallwood (Maiden manager), Bruce, Nicko, Davey, Val (from the office!), Janick, Steve and Dave (also from the office!).*

And of course he's got a new solo coming out that he wants to delay a bit so people can't accuse him of cashing in on the new Maiden album. Just like last time.......huh.

Yep, that's the one, Phloggy. :) It's not like he was misquoted either, because I heard him say it in an interview on JJJ. Has the album seen the light of day? Leider nicht.

We want another Bruce album! :)

The Chemical Wedding is one of the best albums ever and I was really looking forward to the follow up, but I wonder if they maybe will have lost their momentum now :( Bloody hell, he had an entire year to make one :(

I hear ya Spawny. AOB is one awesome album, and then TCW is just mindblowingly awesome and one of the best albums ever. It is a shame that they didn't keep going, but now they may have ruined it. I think they are still capable of writing some awesome music (Broken and Silver Wings are great), but I don't have as strong a feeling about his next effort as I did a couple of years ago.

What I think sucks is, there was plans for the '3 Tremors' album, rumours of an album with Ayreon, and Roy Z saying they had written some new material for the next album, but NONE of these albums came about. :(

Im not sure I would want to hear Geoff Tate sing with Bruce and Rob now anyway. :D
He sounds awful now. Bruce n Rob would be awesome though! If they actually come up with better songs than "The on you love to hate" or whatever its called.

What a waste of talent! Two best singers ever and they just sing in normal singy voices. No screams or nothing!