Maiden single news!

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
From our good friends at Blabbermouth:

IRON MAIDEN To Release New Single In Early Summer - Mar. 31, 2003

IRON MAIDEN are nearing completion of the mixing process for their as-yet-untitled follow-up to 2000's "Brave New World", due later in the year through Sony/Columbia Records. "We should be finished the first stage of mixing the IRON MAIDEN album next week," producer Kevin Shirley revealed via his web site. "I'll be off to New York next weekend to attend a mastering session with George Marino [at Sterling Sound Studios], then back to complete the final stage of MAIDEN, which will be all the 5.1 surround sound mixes, and we should be all done by the end of April. This doesn't mean that there'll be product two weeks later, because with all the packaging and artwork still to be finalized, and release schedules to be set up all over the world, it may take a few more months before it sees the dark of night, but you'll probably see a new single by the time they hit the stage on the first leg of their 'Give Me Ed.' tour!"

Rumours of the single already being delayed are apparently unfounded.

New Maiden single = more B-sides to download because it won't get a local release, then they'll say they haven't sold enough records over here to justify touring :rolleyes:.

On the plus side, I'm quite looking forward to the new album, as long as Adrian writes more than he did on BNW and they include the acoustic song.

W

Pretty much Winmar, musically anyway, so I guess they cloned Roy Z really, the vocalist is no Brucey but he gets the job done, go buy Headstones by Lake Of Tears and you shall understand their greatness! :headbang: