Melbourne torn to shreds by metal gods!

Originally posted by Lord Tim
Hey! You've overtaken me too!

In the immortal words of St. Rove of the [LIVE]: "What The...?"

HAHAHA!

Hey speaking of "What The"

In Episode II did anyone catch that very line in the pod chase scene near the start. I thought of Rove at this point.

And look out LT the way things have been going i could be surpassing your posts very quickly.:D

the metal weekend! my review!
Too many threads about the tour...read them all but couldn't work out where to post so i did what everyone else did.Start a new thread!

Thursday night
1st time i had seen Enter Twilight...would probably watch them again although was starting to get a little bored with hte music by the end of their set
Dungeon sounded great...amazing to look around the crowd and see all the new Dungeon t-shirts!
1st time seeing Vanishing Point...didn't really get into to them much at first but sounded better towards the end of the set.
Edguy.....Awesome!(halfway through the set i was thinking how glad i was that i had decided to go to Melbourne!)....i have to say that i wasn't a big fan before the gig(having only listened to Mandrake) but i was very impressed with their set.I will definitely have to get a couple of the CD's before Mandrake
Arrive home 2am

Friday
5am get up for work!!!
2.30pm arrive airport
4.30pm arrive Melbourne
5pm straight to Metal Mayhem....met Nik for the first time(having only emailed him before)
7pm find my accomdation(backpackers in Prahran)
8pm arrive Espy pub
absolutely exhausted by this stage..struggle to stay awake during the first 2 bands
manage to wake up for Abortus(1st time seeing them play)....i really enjoyed their set(especially the two covers Twisted Sister-Under the Blade and AC/DC-TNT)
Dark Order...probably the best set i have seen them play(shame about the small crowd...but those few that were there had an excellent night).They were joined on stage by the singer from Abortus for Reign in Blood.After seein a few of Dark Order's sets get cut short over the last couple of years it was quite amazing for them to finish the full set(and encore) and them be told that they could play for another 30 minutes if they wanted.They played Judas Priest-Painkiller and then a second performance of Reign in Blood!!!!

had a drink with the Dark Order guys but then the bar shut around 1.30am so iwandered around the corner and found that the Prince of wales pub was still open...MORE BEER!!!

arrive home(well temporary home) 3am

Saturday
METAL!!!!!!!!
wake up 10am...find breakfast...head dwon to St Kilda...read newspaper..do crosswords....arrive pub 1pm...starting drinking again....meet up with Dungeon for drinks...catch up with some of the Sydney crowd...catch up with Dracula and Snow White(hang on...that was later in the day)
finally head inside and realise that Sanity's cage has almost finished their set....really enjoyed the couple of songs i heard.
Mortification were on next...one of the true survivors of Oz metal(i think i saw them play once a few years ago)...really enjoyed their set...would definitely see them again.
met The Trooper(even if it was only for a short time) before heading back inside for Anarion...an awesome set from these guys....the room was starting to fill up a bit by now and then
Dungeon...and the place was packed.A much bigger and louder crowd than in Sydney...one of the longest sets i've seen Dungeon play....and of course the on-stage signing to Metal Warriors(which i actually found out about a few hours before hand)
By now i was well and truly in party mode(the return of Twobeersdrinken!) ....more beeerrr!!
and the rest of the night starts to become a bit hazy.....
stayed in the front bar for the next couple of hours(didn't see Enter Twilight or Vanishing Point) drinking,talking to people and listening to the bands playing in the front bar(first band playing covers of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix..then the 2nd band was the Del-Emmas...a sydney band featuring 5 girls playing 60's type garage rock)
Finally, i returned to the back room to watch Edguy.....managed to find a spot right at the back of the room alongside Greg,Nat and Leisa....the crowd was sensational...much louder and better participants than the Sydney crowd two nights earlier.However,as i said to the Greg,i thought the sound for Edguy was better in Sydney than in Melbourne...but then again the fact that i was sober and a lot closer in Sydney(rather than drunk and at the back in Melbourne) may have had something to do with the difference in sound quality

arrive home 3am

Sunday
9.30am wake up pretty hungover(13/14 hours drinkin usually causes this!) ...get myself onto tram into city...bus to airport
midday flight...arriver home 2pm and collapse on my lounge.
Totally exhausted but what an awesome weekend!!!!
3 days, 13 metal bands(yes i know should have been 15!),2 cities
Bring on hte next tour!!

:lol: :D :cool: :headbang: :worship:

Hey JonBonJovi,
how do i get an invite to one of your private parties :D

Actually,i guess the first step should be to say hello.I actually worked out who you were on the Dungeon cruise but haven't gotten around to saying hello yet(you always seem to have a camera in your hands).I will make sure i say hello at the next gig!
:)

also,
hopefully next time i'm in Melbourne i will get to meet some of the other members(Sydo,Blitzkrieg,Tinman and others).

It was good to meet Trooper.....our musically tastes are very similar (80's hard rock/metal/glam)

Originally posted by Ralphe
Hey JonBonJovi,
how do i get an invite to one of your private parties :D

Actually,i guess the first step should be to say hello.I actually worked out who you were on the Dungeon cruise but haven't gotten around to saying hello yet(you always seem to have a camera in your hands).I will make sure i say hello at the next gig!
:)

and I have no idea who you are!
give me a clue and I am sure I will wrk it out.
Having a camera in my hands all the time seems to wrk in keeping one from being put in my face.Also the fact that i went for a few years of not having any sort of camera needs to be made up for lost time.

As for my private parties well we will have to see about that.

When do I get my private party Xena? ;)

Ralphe I'm so jealous of the gigs you saw in the '80s man! Heheh... I'd kill to have seen Maiden and Twisted Sister in '85, and Crue in '90 or whenever that was hehe. You've got great taste I must say :)

Originally posted by The Trooper
When do I get my private party Xena? ;)

Ralphe I'm so jealous of the gigs you saw in the '80s man! Heheh... I'd kill to have seen Maiden and Twisted Sister in '85, and Crue in '90 or whenever that was hehe. You've got great taste I must say :)

Patience is a virtue!
I saw Motley Crue in 1990 as well.Nearly got arrested for underage drinking.Plus got to slap Vince Neil in the face at a Bar in Darling Harbour.

I can't travel to see Motley Crue at their peak unless I had a time machine. And with the funds I have at the moment I can't travel to see them at all.