Melbourne torn to shreds by metal gods!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Here is my run down of the afternoon/evening's events!!!!

Sanity's Cage
Good fun power metal, they rocked more than usual and the singer was in top form!

Mortification
Didn't watch them, don't like them. Spoke to Timmy and met Ralph in the main part of the pub, he is cool and I'm very jealous of all the bands he saw in the '80s!!!

Anarion
Didn't watch all of them. Not a bad show from what I saw. Life Of Descent rocks.

Dungeon
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an awesome rapid fire full pelt hard rockin' non stop set of "100% Pure Aussie Power Metal!" Lots of my fave songs were played as well as a great cover of The Hellion/Electric Eye and they are now signed to Metal Warriors, and Stevo gave a hilarious impression of Steve Ravic hahah, then gave him an Anticol! LOL!!!!!! Ohhh, and Tim played me a riff from Slave Of Love and mentioned my name... that was really cool!!! Heheh.

Enter Twilight
Ahhh Dungeon should've been on after these guys coz they kinda relaxed everyone again after Dungeon just got everyone pumped up for the 2 headliners. Oh well. Not a bad show though.

Vanishing Point
Excellent as usual!! Sung along to nearly every word again, powerful performance and they're just getting more and more professional as they go. Silvio has lots of rock star attitude on stage now which is cool hahaha.

Edguy
Well I prefer the music of Vanishing Point and particularly Dungeon and I knew those bands songs better, and I didn't expect Edguy to be as good as they were. Oh my god! They blew me away! SO much crowd particpation, ultra-tight playing, Tobias' voice was almost pitch perfect the entire set, great stage presence, and they know how to work a crowd perfectly and put on a really good show without even needing any effects of stage props.

Another interesting thing: Everyone always says Tobias sounds like Bruce, wait till you hear/see him live! His voice has that exact same attitude and style to it as Bruce, and he acts just like Bruce with the mic stand, he talks like Bruce... he even got the crowd to chant the chorus of The Trooper and Running Free! Hahaha!

All in all, an immensly entertaining night!!! BRILLIANT! The only bad thing is that the people who work at The Espy suck and you just can't win. You stand in one spot and they say to move, u move to another spot and they say to move, they're so annoying!

The thing that makes Edguy even more spectacular is that they started writing phenomenal music at age 14 or 15.

They write good singalong type songs like you say - the only one I think works better on CD is Out of Control - and that's primarily because Hansi Kursh's vocals (Blind Guardian) turn that great song into a fucking classic.

However, I am seeing Edguy and Blind Guardian at PPIII this November and they could grace the stage together for that number...!

:headbang: August 26th: Avantasia II is released :headbang:

I'll check out Dungeon based on your description....any particular CD to start with?

Originally posted by maestro_al
The thing that makes Edguy even more spectacular is that they started writing phenomenal music at age 14 or 15.

They write good singalong type songs like you say - the only one I think works better on CD is Out of Control - and that's primarily because Hansi Kursh's vocals (Blind Guardian) turn that great song into a fucking classic.

However, I am seeing Edguy and Blind Guardian at PPIII this November and they could grace the stage together for that number...!

:headbang: August 26th: Avantasia II is released :headbang:

I'll check out Dungeon based on your description....any particular CD to start with?

Dungeon only have one cd at the moment it is called resurection. however you should see a new one released in the very near future called A Rise To Power.

I wanted to go to PPIII this year but due to wrk can't go but may wrk my holidays next yr to go to both Wacken and PPIV.

Yes - it was a hell of a good night!

I missed Dungeon (SPEWING), got there just before Enter Twilight started. I thought their set was damn good, as always. Dunno about the bass players clothes though! ha ha ha!

Vanishing Point were excellent as always!

Edguy were impressive. Very tight, very professional, and awesome backing vocals! Not really my cup of tea, but they do it very very well.

I didn't watch 'em for too long though... it was getting too hot and crowded for me, and I had too many drunks around me, all singing the wrong words together and bumping into everyone and shit... so I bailed and hung out with Chris (VP) for a while out the front. Which was nice :)

Can someone give me the set list of all bands please!
Edguys would not be any different from here. I just need it for personal use as well as for a review I have to write.
I remember what songs they played just not the order don't want to write a review with the order all wrong.

I think Edguy may have changed the setlist. Well one song anyway. Did they play Until we rise again in sydney ?
Just that a guy next to me in the crowd was at the sydney show said that Babylon was in the set list and I don't think they played it in Melbourne. Maybe they switched them ?

Originally posted by Hanso
I think Edguy may have changed the setlist. Well one song anyway. Did they play Until we rise again in sydney ?
Just that a guy next to me in the crowd was at the sydney show said that Babylon was in the set list and I don't think they played it in Melbourne. Maybe they switched them ?

That is the line before Babylon:

Until we rise again
Babylon.

Hmmmm obviously the person next to you has no real idea about them.
Babylon is only one of their best songs.

Heheheh. If I was in a denim vest with KISS on the back it was me :D

Everybody recognises me based on the vest, it's quite funny haha.

Originally posted by JonBonJovi

That is the line before Babylon:

Until we rise again
Babylon.

Hmmmm obviously the person next to you has no real idea about them.
Babylon is only one of their best songs.

er....what? What do you mean 'that is the line before Babylon'? The lyrics to the chorus of Babylon are:

Time to go back where I belong...
No one can prevent me from
raising towers in Babylon.

Until We Rise Again is a completely different song from Vain Glory Opera...

Now take my hand
Take me now
Take my hand
We wont be so free
Until we rise again!

Not sure if I misunderstood your post (so apologies if I did) but they are two very different songs from different albums.

My apologies regarding Baylon and Until We Rise Again.......when i posted that piece of crud for some reason I had those 2 lines running over and over in my head.......I also had lines from Dungeon songs blending with Edguy songs......must have beeen having a blonde day.:rolleyes:

Yeah that would've been me in the Kiss back patch.... towards the end of Enter Twilight's set we went up to the front to get in first to be front row for Vanishing Point heheh.

Did anyone go to The Corner Hotel show last night?

I didn't, but I heard they played Babylon, so it looks like it was only The Espy who missed out on it heheh.

And we missed it? Bummer.

I didn't like the ballad they played at the Espy.
ZzzzzZZzz