Melbourne torn to shreds by metal gods!

Edguy's main problem I think is too many ballads.

Their only really good one I think is Roses To No One off The Savage Poetry but they played nothing off that album and its their best album! I hope they played Hallowed at least on Friday.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Edguy's main problem I think is too many ballads.

Their only really good one I think is Roses To No One off The Savage Poetry but they played nothing off that album and its their best album! I hope they played Hallowed at least on Friday.

From memory they played both those songs on Thursday night.

Argh dammit! I didn't see you at all!

BULLSHIT!!! They played them?!?!?!??!?! NOOOOOO!!! They better play them at Kryal Castle then!!!!

I was lucky enough to see all 3 shows and can tell you it was awesome every single night.

The Espy show was the standout, the crowd was amazing and Edguy really lifted a few notches on the effort. The Sydney show was not far behind, with the Corner show a little down on them(Guess it was pretty hard to follow the Espy).

Edguy played at least 1 different song during each set. Sydney and the corner got Babylon. The Espy got Wake up the King and Walk on Fighting(along with the middle part of Running Free circa Live After Death). The Corner got Fairytale. So ended up being well worth it :)

For the other bands - Enter Twilight have a new fan, pity they don't have an album yet! Vanishing Point was a big surprise - having not seen or heard them before, would have bought both CD's if I had the money on me, ended up with just Tangled in Dream.

Dungeon of course kicked ass. There was a lot of cheering involved with the label announcement too, followed with a rendition of Paradise - which they didnt play anywhere else.

All in all and awesome weekend :)

Edit - Oh yeah forgot, The Corner show was pretty damn funny, Edguy had a keyboard player who looks like she ummm "gets around"(alright it was a blow up doll). Tobi also acquired a G-String from a female fan and later a condom to accompany it.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Yeah that would've been me in the Kiss back patch.... towards the end of Enter Twilight's set we went up to the front to get in first to be front row for Vanishing Point heheh.

ahhh I thought so - damn, I shoulda said hello.

I wonder if the guy who kept trying to pick up my girlfriend was from here? lol

No no, I did none of that. I'm a nice guy. :saint:
I did however, spend a bit of time 'appreciating' my surroundings.

I was screaming my head off at the Espy for them to play Fairytale !! I really wanted to hear Edguy play that song live.
I was planning on going to the corner show as well but I sorta didn't have the money and was thinking I might go to the ballarat show. Damn !

Originally posted by TinMan666
We always seem to do pretty well in that regard at melbourne metal gigs.

Especially when Trent brings his little sister along. ;)