Ultimate live show?

Priest of Evil

Adores the Number 666
Dec 1, 2005
Iron Maiden were so great but I saw Dismember for the second time last week and they just blow you away. 5 songs from their debut and although the crowd was small they had a ball! One of the tightest, heaviest and spirited bands ever. True to their metal, true to their fans!

Maiden's tour this year would probably rank as the best I have seen.

On the other end of the spectrum, another of my favourite gigs was watching Jeff Martin play an accoustic set in Oslo last year to only a handful of people in a bar, and my girlfriend and I pulled up stools about 2 metres in front of him with no one in between, and just watched. It was magical.

My favourite live shows to date (note: just the 'show' aspect, not necessarily most enjoyable overall) would have to be Maiden, Steve Vai and AC/DC.
It just occurred to me that these were also three rare gigs where I was sober.

Best show I've ever been to is still Bruce Springsteen in 2003. Maiden in Sydney (a combination of both shows - the crowd from the first, and where I was standing at the second) would be in number two place.

I'd have to say IRON MAIDEN on the second night in Sydney cause I was so close ... front row front and centre with Bruce sweating on us ... was a great nite.... Also HEAVEN AND HELL Newcastle was great to see the Riff master Mr Iommi, Greezer and Ronnie J ...

Maiden in Sydney was pretty damn good, Heaven And Hell in Wollongong where I was literally front row / centre was unbelievable! Queensryche in Brisbane in 2006 was also one of my OMG moments too, getting the entire upper floor to ourselves ("ourselves" being the LORD band and crew) and being a couple of metres away from the stage and going off like maniacs, and realising that the band are looking up at us and cracking up at how into it we were! HAHA! And they were on fire that night too!

Another was Queensryche in Sydney... they had this unbeleive support ... no actully that was adamm fine night too.... apart from Ralphe and me beening refused service in Bar Ace... pratts