Oh my friggin' god!

Celestial-Todd

The Incredible Bulk
Aug 29, 2002
Western Sydney
www.myspace.com
I snagged this off another forum... I didn't think it was possible for my hate of anything with last name "Osbourne" to get any stronger! To fucking sabotage another band's set is just low!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back to San Diego from Ozzfest in San Bernardino. Ok...highlights and lowlights...

1) Rob Zombie was cool, Shadows Fall and Mudvayne are better live than on CD, Slipknot aren't really my kind of band but they put on an entertaining stage show...lots of strange shit going on.

2) Maiden hit the stage to thundering applause, despite the fact that they are the ONLY mainstage band NOT to be introduced by some guy that comes on stage...and despite the fact that the idiot is screaming "Ozzy...Ozzy...Ozzy" as Maiden's intro tape (Doctor Doctor) is playing.

3) Some prick is throwing eggs up on the stage. It doesn't occur to me till later, but this person HAD to be planted in the audience, because there is NO WAY any fan could have snuck in 36 fucking eggs. They patted us down so good, I felt like asking for a cigarette afterwards.

4) Bruce is in fine rant form (got 5 or so tonight...LOL), and mentions how Maiden will never be on the radio, or MTV...or reality tv shows. He also mentions that they're supposed to do a shortened 55 minute set tonight, but just like someone sang that they can't drive 55, they can't PLAY 55....they're going to play their full show.

5) Maybe 30 seconds or so before TPOTO is to end, the PA cuts out. A minute or two later, it's back on an they go into RTTH. This happens again 2-3 times the rest of the night. Once near the end of HBTN, and the crowd is so into it, we all decide to help Maiden finish the song anyway. We sang the rest of it for them, as we could just barely hear their stage monitors going.

6) In spite of all the problems with the planted egg thrower, the "Ozzy...Ozzy..." asshole, and someone pulling the fucking PA plug, the band are on FIRE, and are determined to give us the best show possible. There was no big Eddie during the song Iron Maiden, just the walk on Eddie. Is this how it was at the other Ozzfest shows?

7) Maiden come back out for their encore, and Bruce says that the band is back out there for one reason, and one reason only...after all the bullshit...it for us...the fans. They put on a fucking killer encore, and the crowd was fucking totally into it.

Maiden are on stage still, and taking their bows...and this cocksucker starts the "Ozzy...Ozzy...Ozzy..." shit through the PA system again. Well, almost IMMEDIATELY, seemingly the entire crowd starts chanting "Maiden...Maiden...Maiden..." over the guy....over and over....and we drowned that mother fucker out! Bruce was up there like an orchestra conductor, waving his arms as we chanted MAIDEN...MAIDEN!

9) The band aren't off the stage 10 seconds, when that **** Sharon Osbourne comes out and tells us she needs us quiet just for a moment. She proceeds to tell us how they love Iron Maiden and think they're cool...but then says that Bruce Dickinson is a real prick, and has been disrespecting Ozzfest from day one. That's all I heard out of the bitch, cause we all immediately went back into "Maiden...Maiden...Maiden!" and she was completely drowned out after that.

10) I looked at my brother and said "Let's get the fuck outta here", and he nodded too. All the way out, we chanted "Maiden...Maiden"...and "Bruce...Bruce..."...and the crowd all along, chanted right with us.

11) Walking out the gates, we quickly noticed that we were FAR from alone...as a large mass of people were leaving right with us. Common statements made by others were, "Fucking bitch, Sharon...fuck her". I think she overestimated her popularity...LOL. All she ended up doing was thinning out the crowd of a large LARGE number of Maiden fans. Good fucking riddance, too!

It was best that we left anyway....since no band should ever go on after Maiden. I will never....NEVER spend another fucking cent on ANYTHING Ozzy does, unless he ever decides to stop being led around by the nose, by that fucking bitch, Sharon.

All that being said....I'll repeat that in SPITE of all that went on, Maiden put on a great fucking show, with what they had to deal with...and the crowd returned the love...and then some.

Some more info at Blabbermouth:

"Last night's [August 20] headlining performance of IRON MAIDEN at Ozzfest in San Bernardino, CA rendered some interesting, if not disturbing, results. Although MAIDEN played one hell of a show, they were under attack from the moment they began their set. From the time they hit the stage, they suffered power loss on at least three occasions and they were continuously pelted with ice, bottle caps, and eggs, among other things. Vocalist Bruce Dickinson was even spit on by one attendee. He seemed to believe these occurrences were not by accident and insinuated that they had been planned from the beginning of the night [Download MP3 files of Bruce's on-stage rants at last night's Ozzfest: Bruce#1, Bruce#2]. He also encouraged the other audience members to break the arm of anyone that they saw throwing things their way. Upon concluding their performance, the emcee for the evening began to chant Ozzy, Ozzy while Bruce was still speaking. Bruce retaliated by chanting MAIDEN. After he left the stage, Sharon Osbourne took over the mic and informed the crowd that they absolutely loved IRON MAIDEN and their crew and stated that they were all wonderful but that their singer Bruce Dickinson was a prick and had disrespected Ozzfest since they began their stint with the touring summer festival [Download MP3 file of Sharon's anti-Bruce rant at this location]. This, of course, came as a shock to those of us in attendance and the there was ample confusion and speculation from audience members there after. As previously announced, last night's show marked the final performance of IRON MAIDEN on this year's Ozzfest. VELVET REVOLVER will be taking over their slot on the last remaining dates."

And something that really warmed my heart - great to see how caring some people are - was this:

Sharon Osbourne is and evil cunt, I only hope she gets another batch of cancer after what she did tonight.

She's all class...

If she's tried to draw attention to Bruce's "disrespect" for Ozzfest, I kind of think it's going to backfire on her.

From ozzfest.com

August 21, 2005
LAST SHOW FOR MAIDEN

Iron Maiden were chosen for the Ozzfest tour because the Ozzfest committee felt they were a good band, plus the fact that they had not done shows in the U.S. for some time. From day one, Bruce Dickinson started berating Ozzy and belittling the Ozzfest audience. He stated he"didn’t need a reality show to give him credibility"; "we're not just some f*cking reunion band"; and continuously complained about the sound system, saying that when he comes back to America he’ll have a better one. I understand he hasn’t toured in the U.S.in these size venues in a while and no longer understands the political structure of things. Out of 200-plus bands over the last 10 years, he has been the only person who hasn’t had the Ozzfest spirit. He thought he was at a battle of the bands, always making other comments about the other artists.

Might I say, the rest of the band are gentlemen and have a great professional attitude. The crew are absolutely great. But how sad it was, after 10 years, that this little man tried to ruin it for everyone. The bands of Ozzfest don’t even look at Ozzfest as touring, but as its heavy metal summer camp. Bruce is in fact a jealous prick and very envious. None of his tirades were directed at Sabbath, only Ozzy. Steve Harris [Iron Maiden's bassist] personally came to Ozzy in San Bernardino and apologized for Bruce’s behavior this summer, stating that he and the rest of the band were "embarrassed" by their own singer.
It also offended me every night how he took out the English flag in America. There are American boys going to war alongside the English boys every day. How dare he forget the American troops on their home turf. He has had no respect for the American audience he has been playing for, stating in an interview, "When you do the 'hits' tour here [in the U.S.], the audience is smug, and there's a sense of self-satisfaction, like, 'We got what we wanted…I'm looking at an audience that is self-satisfied and happy and fat, and getting what it wants and isn't prepared to get off its ass.."

Before there was Samson there was SABBATH!

Ozzfest 2005 continues on with our summer of fun with the addition of Velvet Revolver. This is where the fun begins…..

Does not say who wrote this comment. I can't believe the bullshit about the english flag.

I found out that Sharon actually wrote that comment with the flag bullshit.
Bruce didn't forget about the american troops. Its just part of there stageshow. I can't believe how full of shit she is.
She is lucky she didn't start a fucking full scale riot.

I'd like to see Ozzie jump astride a couple of speakers mid verse. Or fly a plane..or fence...etc.

failing that, throw a bucket of water into the teleprompter.

Wasn't aware that English bands were supposed to show their support by showering the crown in depleted uranium.

Onya 'Maiden, and Onya Bruce.

(BTW, come to the BDBB, and see a smiting)

about the flag thing... as people have already said elsewhere, Bruce has been waving that flag during The Trooper for about 20 years now. Also, the song is about the Crimean War... now history is not really my strongest subject but maybe someone can tell me if it would make sense to wave a US flag during that song?

Also - jesus, so he waved a flag - is that something to take as an insult? People need to shut the fuck up.