Iron Maiden gets fucked over by Sharon Osbourne and Ozzfest

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
Somebody posted this in the General Music Forum:

Maiden handled themselves with the utmost professionalism while being fucked over by Sharon Osbourne and the Ozzfest crew... let me tell you what I saw....

Maiden took the stage right at the end of Ides of March and launched into Murders in the Rue Morgue. Some fuck in the audience decided to pelt Bruce with eggs and throw tons of water bottles at the band. Need I say that this didn't happen with any of the other bands on the bill for the main stage??? And, how to do you sneak eggs to a fest (I'm sure you're starting to catch on)... At the end of Murders in the Rue Morgue, the band launches into The Trooper, and this is when the problems started. Some fuck comes from backstage and starts running around with the American Flag. Bruce was on his little catwalk, wearing a redcoat and holding the Union Jack. This was a complete show of disrespect for the band. Bruce let the asshole and whoever sent him have it right as the song finished.

The next song was Revelations, a beautiful song from the Piece of Mind record. It is at this point that the problems got even worse. The PA power was completely cut off. We come to find out later that this was done ON PURPOSE!!! This happened several times during the show. An obvious Fuck You to Maiden. Bruce took a few shots at Sharon because of the reality show and the increasing corporatizing (I know, it is not a word, but I'm sure you get my point) of Ozzfest. The cutting off of the power to the PA didn't work. Why? because the crowd were into Maiden and those of us longtime fans got to sing and finish one of the songs fucked by the outage.

As Maiden were finishing their set, they had played the last song, the asshole who brought every band onstage, proceeded to chant from back stage OZZY, OZZY, OZZY. Need I say that Bruce was saying goodbye to the crowd? Then Bruce finished by saying something to the fact of "I'm not putting up with the bullshit, and neither should you." At this point, the band left the stage and Sharon came out. She thanked Maiden, but proceeded to call Bruce a prick and to say that he had disrespected Ozzfest from the beginning... *I'm certain it was totally deserved.* The crowd was having none of it, thousands started to boo. I had decided to stay for Sabbath earlier in the day, but her tirade and childish antics got me so mad that I left. Many others had the same idea... I'm certain that several thousand left. Any self-respecting Maiden fan would not stand for such behaviour. Shame on you Sharon!!!
Such disrespect for Maiden. I would have loved to see Bruce mouth off to Sharon. He insults like no other!

Sharon and her fat daughter, Kelly, recruited bands from the second stage to participate.

two bands that were in on it were Bury Your Dead and Otep.

the vocalist [if you can call her that] for Otep posted an entry on their website, bragging about being up front with Kelly [her 'co-conspiritor,' as she called her] to witness the carnage.
THEN, after that drew heat from the loyal Maiden fans who were flooding the Otep message board with insults and threats of retaliation, she posted another entry that completely contradicted what she'd posted earlier.

what a waste of oxygen. :err:

Jesus wtf is wrong with her i cant beleave ozzy is so fukin pussy wipped NO OFFENSE to ozzy fans i thinks hes sweet but god.Iron maiden didnt diserve any this!!!i think its better bruce took it like a pro shows hes not gonna throw a childrens fit but wtvr better off leavin sharon looking like a retard instead of him sayin somten he regrets

Harmsway_SchädigtWeise said:
Jesus wtf is wrong with her i cant beleave ozzy is so fukin pussy wipped NO OFFENSE to ozzy fans i thinks hes sweet but god.Iron maiden didnt diserve any this!!!i think its better bruce took it like a pro shows hes not gonna throw a childrens fit but wtvr better off leavin sharon looking like a retard instead of him sayin somten he regrets

Sorry to say, Ozzy's a puppet now!

Oblivious Maximus said:
I agree, and it pains me to say it to because I'm a huge fan, but Sharon has brainwashed him.

No shit man, I fucking dig Ozzy as a singer and as a person! But you're totally right about the brainwashing, plus, he's old now and the huge amount of junk and booze he used to use...

Oblivious Maximus said:
Has defanitly taken a tole on him, and it's a shame to. But, he's still here today and he's still rocking with Sabbath. Unfourtanitly, Sharon has got him by the balls.

BS kicked serious ass two months ago in here. I was really surprised by Ozzy's shape to be honest! Too bad I didn't know whether Sharon was here too or not. I would have sneaked backstage with a dagger.

johnnieCzech said:
BS kicked serious ass two months ago in here. I was really surprised by Ozzy's shape to be honest! Too bad I didn't know whether Sharon was here too or not. I would have sneaked backstage with a dagger.
I didn't go to Ozzfest this year, but Sabbath rocked last year. I would have gone for the main stage this year, but the second stage was pure shit with a few exceptions. I'll just wait for Maiden to tour the US solo again.