Ozzfest 2005 - Los Angeles Show - a disgrace

Barking Pumpkin said:
Ozzy is crap. Zakk Wylde is crap. Randy Rhoads is completely overrated. Electric Wizard > Black Sabbath. End of thread.

>_>

I would like to say that you are wrong. Zakk Wylde kicks ass and you just dont like him because of the tuff guy image Im guessing. Zakk Wylde is an amazing guitar player, Randy Rhoads was amazing too.

Zakk Wylde just plays generic pentatonic and chromatic "shred" licks. That doesn't make me really like him as a guitarist, not the "toughguy image." However, his need to add the words fuck and shit to every sentence he says makes me not really like his personality, which doesn't have anything to do with the music, but you brought it up.

Regardless of whether it's saying much or not, Zakk Wylde is one of the better guitar players in Metal.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Zakk Wylde just plays generic pentatonic and chromatic "shred" licks. That doesn't make me really like him as a guitarist, not the "toughguy image." However, his need to add the words fuck and shit to every sentence he says makes me not really like his personality, which doesn't have anything to do with the music, but you brought it up.

BullShit.

Iron Maiden don't have much to do with all the shit that's out there marketing the band.

Bruce Dickinson is a fucking champ. He, being in one of the world's most popular Metal bands, has the balls to say that modern music is complete shit, and that most US "Metalheads" aren't actually into Metal. He's right on the fucking money.

EDIT: Also, FUCK Sharon Osbourne and Trendfest. What the US needs is a fullscale tour of the Wacken Open Air lineup. And for Ved Buens Ende to get back together and tour all 50 states with Spiral Architect. :p

BlackMetalTyrant said:
BullShit.

Okay. Just give me songs where he does something interesting and not completely overdone, and I'll adjust my statement. And I actually will. I'll download whatever song(s) you tell me to get and listen. I haven't heard too much Zakk Wylde, but generally people who make the kind of songs I've heard from him don't have too much variety. Especially people who play Gibson guitars. *cheap shot* :devil:

Then on the other hand if you want me to recommend you songs from people I respect to show what they can do, I'd be glad to do that also.

Also....seriously, can people stop using the wah pedal like it's something new? Not only is it the most overused effect ever, but they're doing the same wah people were doing twenty years ago. At least do something interesting with it, as certain people do.

Zakk Wylde bores me into tears. His usage of harmonics is annoying. I generally enjoy harmonics too.

There's another point. People are like "OMG ZAKK WYLUD ROCKS THE HARMONICS" Well folks, Steve Vai was rocking the harmonics fifteen plus years ago, as well as rocking any other fucking guitar technique you want to throw out there, so I don't see what's so amazing.

deadsharon.jpg

Hail Maiden!

Sharon Osbourne is like the new trashiest woman on Earth. Seriously "BRUCE DICKENSON IS A PRICK" sounds like a line from a John Waters movie, especially the way she says it. And she definitely has the looks for it.

looks like this has been going on for a while..

Anti-IRON MAIDEN Message On Back Of Official OZZFEST T-Shirt? - July 16, 2005

An IRON MAIDEN fan with the screen name "Kaz96133" has posted the following message on the official MAIDEN message board [NOTE: Thread has since been deleted from MAIDEN's message board]:

"Went to Ozzfest in Mansfield yesterday and noticed something on the back of the official [Ozzfest] T-shirt. At the bottom of tour dates, the words 'Iron Maiden' were written in Japanese and were crossed out with red circle and a slash. Check out the photo I took here [NOTE: Thread has since been deleted from MAIDEN's message board]. This is clearly an anti-MAIDEN message, and this is an OFFICIAL T-shirt!

"Does the band know about this? Is this some kind of inside-joke, or is Sharon [Osbourne] pissed at MAIDEN or something? If someone knows about it, please explain! Meanwhile, I would advise all MAIDEN fans out there NOT to buy this T-shirt. I was appalled because I saw so many people wearing this T-shirt yesterday."

Barking Pumpkin said:
There's another point. People are like "OMG ZAKK WYLUD ROCKS THE HARMONICS" Well folks, Steve Vai was rocking the harmonics fifteen plus years ago, as well as rocking any other fucking guitar technique you want to throw out there, so I don't see what's so amazing.

Do you have a crush on Steve Vai or something, just bring him up one more time out of nowhere, I bet you are beating off to a picture of him right now. Interesting solos by Zakk, No More Tears, SIN, SpeedBall, The Road to Nowhere, Mama Im Comin Home, the Live version of Crazy Train, His 5 minute unaccompanied solo at ozzfest he does, the list goes on and on. If you weren't slobbering all over steve vai's dick you would already know that.

BlackMetalTyrant said:
Pinch Harmonic wah wah
Pinch Harmonic wah wah Pinch Harmonic wah wah
Pinch Harmonic wah wah Pinch Harmonic wah wah
Pinch Harmonic wah wah Pinch Harmonic wah wah.

Huh ?

Jean-Pierre said:
Iron Maiden don't have much to do with all the shit that's out there marketing the band.

Bruce Dickinson is a fucking champ. He, being in one of the world's most popular Metal bands, has the balls to say that modern music is complete shit, and that most US "Metalheads" aren't actually into Metal. He's right on the fucking money.

EDIT: Also, FUCK Sharon Osbourne and Trendfest. What the US needs is a fullscale tour of the Wacken Open Air lineup. And for Ved Buens Ende to get back together and tour all 50 states with Spiral Architect. :p

Hear, mother fucking, hear!

BlackMetalTyrant said:
Do you have a crush on Steve Vai or something, just bring him up one more time out of nowhere, I bet you are beating off to a picture of him right now. Interesting solos by Zakk, No More Tears, SIN, SpeedBall, The Road to Nowhere, Mama Im Comin Home, the Live version of Crazy Train, His 5 minute unaccompanied solo at ozzfest he does, the list goes on and on. If you weren't slobbering all over steve vai's dick you would already know that.

I mention Steve Vai because not only can he do better harmonics work than Zakk Wylde, but because he's been doing all these techniques these pop guitarists are doing for twenty years. He's an actually virtuoso, but more importantly, he innovates and does actually interesting things.

Zakk Wylde song thoughts:

Speedball: Decent etude type thing, not really any song structure, except for one part, just noodling. meh

Road To Nowhere: Generic Rock soloing 101. This is what Ozzy calls for

Bleed For Me (I've heard this previously): Sounds cool the first time you hear it, doesn't hold up past that.

I'm currently downloading most of the others. So far just reinforces my previous thoughts.

Barking Pumpkin said:
I mention Steve Vai because not only can he do better harmonics work than Zakk Wylde, but because he's been doing all these techniques these pop guitarists are doing for twenty years. He's an actually virtuoso, but more importantly, he innovates and does actually interesting things.

Zakk Wylde song thoughts:

Speedball: Decent etude type thing, not really any song structure, except for one part, just noodling. meh

Road To Nowhere: Generic Rock soloing 101. This is what Ozzy calls for

Bleed For Me (I've heard this previously): Sounds cool the first time you hear it, doesn't hold up past that.

I'm currently downloading most of the others. So far just reinforces my previous thoughts.

I dont even fucking care, I think he is a great guitar player, lots of other people agree, you don't need to download anymore tracks. Even if you like what you hear you probably wont admit it here.

I actually thought "Speedball" was going to be good until he started just noodling. It's decent, but nothing special.