Ozzfest 2005

I am going this year. Iron Maiden is my favorite band in the world so that alone is reason enough for me to go. Otherwise I am a fan of Shadows Fall, Black Sabbath, Black Label Society, Black Dahlia Murder, and Arch Enemy. I am also looking to check out In Flames, Soilwork, The Haunted, and Trivium even though I am not huge fans of theirs.

anyone who is too cheap to spend the money to see a full Maiden show in Canada or Colorado and is content with a shortened set isn't a real Maiden fan

Word.

2001 was pretty fucking terrible, and this is coming from someone who likes Mudvayne, Disturbed, Spineshank, Nonpoint, and Hatebreed. :(

I honestly went to the 2001 ozzfest. *hides and changes his name*

Atleast I was really stoned and I think I was passed out for a good deal of it because I only remember three or four bands. I didn't even like any of the bands besides Black Sabbath but my friend was all into Slipknot and all that crap and it sounded like it would be a fun event, and it actually was, even if the music was crap.

Falsetto_Fetish said:
How could you not like the 01 lineup, Linkin park and Crazy town!!!

Thats sort of what I was referring to by downside. *adds Papa Roach Disturbed and slipknot* But if you don't like em, you don't have to see them. Whats important is quality shit was there.

I went to last year's event. It was okay, even if there was a crap band on stage (like say Superjoint Ritual) there was enough booths and such to check out (like say, the body painting booth).

The worst part was paying $7.00 for a beer. And almost as bad as that was the sunburn that I got on my newly-shaved head.

:devil: <----- that's what my head felt like

i went yesterday and it was pretty awesome. the haunted opened it all up..arch enemy didnt show though..so that kinda sucked. but the whole thing was pretty fun and everything. in flames could have played a lot longer thoughhhhhhhhh. iron maiden was the fucking best. and black sabbath of course was awesome. i had fun. lots of crazy people..lots of weed...but i didnt get to smoke..oh well..haha

Ozzfest is a shit festival and when you see people say that a certain year was "good," it means they had Black Sabbath and another classic band there.

Dodens Grav said:
Yup. It'd be the same case this year if Maiden wasn't there.

I may hate all the bands at this years ozzfest other than those two, but the bands there are nowhere NEAR as shitty as the ones from 2001.

Well, it's just moved from mostly nu-metal to mostly metal-core. Another definition of a "good" year would be a year without Crazy Town or Linkin Park.