Ozzfest 2005

GrotesqueWingedCreature

Satan's Offspring
Jun 21, 2004
i wanna know who is happier with iron maiden or do you want judas priest back? do you prefer black sabbath or ozzy osbourne? in flames on ozzfest a good or bad thing?

or you can just discuss the bands at ozzfest and generally everything about it.

never attended, nor do i plan to attend an ozzfest.

i like priest more than maiden, and i think they fit ozzfest better than maiden.

definetly black sabbath over ozzy.

about in flames playing ozzfest..not surprised. they went from being an incredible band to an incredibly shitty and very popular (out of nowhere) band.

I saw Judas Priest on Ozzfest last year and they were amazing. Id love to have them again but Im happier that Iron Maiden is there. They are one of the bands Iv been waiting a long time for my chance to see live. However, I would rather have Slayer or Priest back instead of Mudvayne (even though I like some Mudvayne)

i am going to ozzfest and i cant wait. iron maiden, black sabbath, in flames, arch enemy, KsE, Mastodon, The Haunted, Soilwork, Bury Your Dead and more...

i like the lineup a lot..besides for the couple of bands. i say black sabbath over ozzy and i couldnt say judas priest or iron maiden..i can't choose.

in flames is my favorite band of all time..no matter what if they changed or whatever..they're still good to me and i still can hear and feel the same thing they have been putting in their music all this time.

Ozzy doesn't even do shit for this tour, accept for play once every three days. The tour is too expensive, and all the good bands play for twenty minutes. I might go this summer, but its too much money for not enough good bands.

I wouldn't care...I never liked Madien or Judas.

Maybe if In Flames was playing some TJR song's I'd go

Black Sabbath WITH ozzy. Thats how it should be.

Soilwork is cool. Maiden is cool. I don't really care about the rest. I am going only to take photos for my website. Don't really care about any of the bands. They are all a great example of what is wrong with metal today. [old fart rant over]

I never really listened to Judas Priest all that much so Maiden.

Black Sabbath by far, Ozzy alone doesn't even come close.

I don't care, the lineups for Ozzfest over the past 3 years have been so awful I don't even bother to pay it any mind.

Samson said:
I don't care, the lineups for Ozzfest over the past 3 years have been so awful I don't even bother to pay it any mind.

Are you saying that the lineups thay've had recently have been worse than the lineups they've had since the festival started to about 2003?

Huh?

All I know is, at one point, Ozzfest meant seeing Slayer, Fear Factory, Sepultura w/ Max, Neurosis, Earth Crisis, and a relatively decent Ozzy AT THE SAME SHOW.

*does joyous backflip*

anonymousnick2001 said:
Huh?

All I know is, at one point, Ozzfest meant seeing Slayer, Fear Factory, Sepultura w/ Max, Neurosis, Earth Crisis, and a relatively decent Ozzy AT THE SAME SHOW.

*does joyous backflip*

That was only one of them, wasn't it? I guess that I've only really kept up since 2000, and they've all been hideous mallcore carnivals.

Jean-Pierre said:
Hey guys, did you know that Ozzy was Black Sabbath's only vocalist? And that they only have 10 songs?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fuckin-A, that's just priceless. You'd swear that was true from the pathetic uninspired events of the past 10 years, too. :D

Jean-Pierre said:
Are you saying that the lineups thay've had recently have been worse than the lineups they've had since the festival started to about 2003?

Well. Yeah, I did.

I thought the 01 lineup was a pretty good lineup. It had it's downsides, but I actually liked it. I'm not ashamed to say that I think Mudvayne at that point in time was a kick ass band, Zakk Wylde's just Zakk Wylde, Black Sabbath was there ust to be quick.00 wasn't terrible either. Wasn't that great, but I could at least appreciate it as live music.

And the first show with Slayer, Sepultura (w/ Max), Biohazard, Fear Factory and Earth Crisis?

Samson said:
Well. Yeah, I did.

I thought the 01 lineup was a pretty good lineup. It had it's downsides, but I actually liked it. I'm not ashamed to say that I think Mudvayne at that point in time was a kick ass band, Zakk Wylde's just Zakk Wylde, Black Sabbath was there ust to be quick.00 wasn't terrible either. Wasn't that great, but I could at least appreciate it as live music.

And the first show with Slayer, Sepultura (w/ Max), Biohazard, Fear Factory and Earth Crisis?

Black Sabbath
Marilyn Manson
Slipknot
Papa Roach
Linkin Park
Disturbed
Crazy Town
Zakk Wylde's B.L.S.
Mudvayne
Union Underground
Taproot
Systematic