Oh my friggin' god!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=40897

The Sun Online
: So what happened when you went on stage at Ozzfest?

Bruce Dickinson: "We were hit by a co-ordinated barrage of bottle tops, lighters and eggs from a certain section at the front! Then the power for the PA and backline was completely pulled three or four times during songs. The band held it all together incredibly though and we just got really pumped up. It ended up being an amazing show. MAIDEN can pretty much deal with anything. We don’t get fazed too easily."

The Sun Online: Who do you think was behind it all?

Bruce Dickinson: "Everyone knows it's Sharon Osbourne. It's certainly not Ozzy or SABBATH — they have too much class to condone stunts like that. She hates me for making remarks about reality TV. I hate reality TV. People should get off their arses and do stuff and not be so voyeuristic."

Goreripper said:
Yeah, I'm surprised Tinman's hypothetical hasn't turned up elsewhere. As soon as I read it, I thought "Wow, what a good point."

Yah... I think we need to spread that idea around the net a bit so that people really understand just how bad the situation could have turned, if not for Maiden's professionalism.

Hopefully it will really come back and bite that fucking sea hag on the arse in a big way.

But probably not.

I wonder what their (public liability) insurance people would have to say about it all?

Oooh I'm gonna go PM the idea to someone in charge at the Maiden board.

Bruce did say in his interview with the London Sun that there could have been a riot, but he was talking about after they'd played. He didn't allude to the possibility of what could have happened if they'd stormed off in a huff like Guns N Roses.

Blitzkrieg said:
I wish I had broadband.

Off topic a bit, but how good are Type O Negative? Black no. 1 is an absolute masterpiece of metal!

P.S I don't think that it will show up in this post that you were playing BN1 in your post.

Anyway, on topic: Fuck Sharon Osbourne. I've never seen the Osbourne's, but I like some of Ozzy's last album. His thing was Coal Chamber was pathetic, as Coal Chamber are pathetic.

But Iron Maiden completely won the night with that. I'd still go to remaining Ozzfest's, cos I rekkon VR are unreal. Although their new song is so damn generic.

Getting off topic again, GNR's Chinese Democracy is going to be an absolute masterfuckin'piece. I don't have any doubts about it. Every song I've heard from it is great and I think it will really have an impact on the rock/industrial (Axl was really influenced by NiN when originally writing the album) scene in the music industry.

It would have had an impact on the industrial scene, if he was to release the version he recorded with that sound. He has recorded it a number of times in different styles, following different trends, but never releasing it in time to be current.
I too am very interested in it, and I like all the songs I have heard that are meant to be from it, and I think he will have great success if he ever does release it, but FUCK, will it ever happen?
I think he should release a box set called 'GNR - The Chinese Democracy Years', covering the decade in which it has taken him to release it, with each recording he has done in that time.

Black No.1 is a 90s metal classic. It is fantastic.