666 The Number Of Zwan

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
666 The Number Of Zwan
Zwan have recorded a cover of the Iron Maiden metal classic 'Number of the Beast'. The Zwan version will be one of the tracks on the forthcoming 'Honesty' single.

Billy Corgan has been prone in the past to interesting covers. The Smashing Pumpkins did Joy Divisions 'Transmission' on their Adore tour but this is about the heaviest he has ever gone.

'Number of the Beast' is a signature tune for Iron Maiden. It was the title track of their 1982 album and follow-up to 'Run To The Hills'.

The 3-track 'Honesty' single will also feature the non-album track 'Freedom Ain't What It Used To Be'.

Tracklisting:
Honestly
Number Of The Beast
Freedom Ain't What It Used To Be

The debut album for Zwan 'Mary Star Of The Sea' will be released at the end of January.

Billy Corgan and his whiny bitch voice rock! :headbang: I havent heard Zwan yet but im sure they rock :)

I do believe that I shall have to eat my words. I've just downloaded a live version, and have to say that I always thought it was difficult to ruin a truly great song.

Think swamp blues played out of tune with a radical departure from the actual tune of the song and you'd be close. Hang on, I'll put it up. Just wait there...

I'm sure it's not as bad as 'Powderfinger's version. That was horrible...

I don't mind bands covering stuff like this though, it could get Maiden some new fans....though if they butcher the song it will make Maiden look bad....oh well.

I did like 'The Smashing Pumpkins', though I have heard a couple of 'Zwan' songs, and their not of the same calibur...