Iron Maiden DVD

Originally posted by Los4words
I agree with PIV, Steve is SSSSOOO into Maiden who better?

Okay Okay his studio stuff wasn't the best? Anyone seen LAD? I mean didn't he produce that?

Steve rocks so pull your heads in, remember no Steve, no Maiden. He IS mr. Maiden IMO.

This sort of comment boggles the mind (my mind, at least). Steve should never be let near a producer's chair or the editing suite again. He can be used in a consultancy role, but that's it. Just because he's pretty much Iron Maiden, it doesn't mean he always knows what he's doing.

I'm pretty sure steve did the video editing on both LAD and 12 Wasted Years. He might not have done the audio mix.

Who cares anyhow as long as it rocks!

I get what you are all saying, but I just thought of another comment:

Apart from PIV and Timmah (maybe one or two others), who are we to criticise Steve in any muscial matter? What do the rest of us know about Producing an album / video, whatever... What the friar tuck have we achieved muscially and what do we know about it?

We might know how to appreciate music but my guess is most of us know jack shit about creating it ! I know I do :)

Nuff said, better pull me head in a bit now.

I know that I'm a consumer, and I know that the items I've purchased that Steve has produced or edited are not at a level I was satisfied with, while items that the band has released which weren't the responsibility of Mr Harris in the same regard were of a much higher quality.

I may not know much (if anything) about making film or music, but I do know what I like and what I'm happy to fork out my hard-earned money for.

Originally posted by Los4words
I'm pretty sure steve did the video editing on both LAD and 12 Wasted Years. He might not have done the audio mix.

Who cares anyhow as long as it rocks!

He didn't edit 12 Wasted Years (since his first editing experience was Maiden England), and LAD (I'm assuming you mean Donington) was produced by him, but the video was edited by someone else I think...

And LAD far from rocks, IMO ;)

Originally posted by Spiff
I know that I'm a consumer, and I know that the items I've purchased that Steve has produced or edited are not at a level I was satisfied with, while items that the band has released which weren't the responsibility of Mr Harris in the same regard were of a much higher quality.

I may not know much (if anything) about making film or music, but I do know what I like and what I'm happy to fork out my hard-earned money for.

Preach on brother!!

Anyone who still doubts Mr Harris' lack of production talents must now go and listen A Real Live Dead One, repeated for 3 hours.

Originally posted by Mark

Hell no! Everything he touches sounds the same... :puke:

That I have to agree with. Although I must add that everything he touches sounds good too.

Andy Sneap has been doing some great work lately.

Compare the sound on Silicon Messiah to Virtual 11.
Then listen to Nevermore's Dead Heart In A Dead World. :headbang:

He's great, plus he doesn't make different bands sound the same.

edit - He also mixed Testament's The Gathering.

Originally posted by ironcross
I know i'm going to get hung up to dry on this comment but I always liked the A Real Live/Dead One cd's. The crowd sounds were way too loud but I didn't think it was so bad.

How DARE you say the crowd is too loud! Thats what makes it so great! :headbang: I always liked those 2 cds as well Crossy, so say it loud and proud and dont listen to this rabble, they are just looking for trouble obviously :)

I've said it before, I'll say it again. 'Arry can write the songs, but he sure as hell can't produce 'em. I read somewhere that he's lost quite a bit of his hearing over the years, so what we hear on A Real Live Dead One and the two Blaze albums is a reflection of what Steve hears.

Howsabout Sean Lynch ? Based on Priest's 98 Live Meltdown (which I've played constantly for the last few months), Lynch has a real knack for combining great sound quality with the raw energy of live performance.

I'd still like to know if I have to fork out for both the CD and DVD versions of this thing. I'd prefer just to get the latter, once I have something to play it on of course...

W