Iron Maiden DVD

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Iron Maiden have almost finished working on the live album "Live At Rock In
Rio". The album will feature several new and old songs and a bonus track which has
not be named yet and is considered a surprise.

I got that from tombstone.gr.........

The secret track must be a live medley of every maiden track in existence for it to have taken this long! :) Either that or a progged out version of Number of the beast :D

Originally posted by spawn
The secret track must be a live medley of every maiden track in existence for it to have taken this long!

:lol: I think they've have tried to bridge the 4 year gap between studio albums, so it doesn't seem as long.

Good news all the same :)

Taken from www.IronMaiden.com

Despite rumours early on of a pre-Xmas 2001 release the production of the DVD has taken much longer than anyone anticipated owing to a number of production problems and delays throughout the year. As always with Iron Maiden the DVD is being made the best it possibly can and has had involvement with companies both in Los Angeles and London who have worked on a number of major Hollywood Studio releases as this project is a massive piece of work. The show itself was shot using 18 cameras and the documentary footage adds up to nearly 80 hours of footage.

The rumour also that Steve Harris has taken over the reigns to finish the editing of the DVD is also correct. As many of you know Steve is very precise about the way things are done with any Iron Maiden releases. Many of you have seen the rough cut version of "Hallowed Be Thy Name" which appears on the Classic Albums "Number Of The Beast" DVD and I think this shows that the footage both looks and sounds spectacular.

As of now there is still no solid release date as the project has not yet entered the final authoring stage of the DVD creation process but the good news is we can confirm that the Live in Rio Album will be being released in the spring and www.ironmaiden.com will be the first place you’ll here about that and the progress of the DVD.

It seems very fashionable to bag Steve Harris when it comes to production of albums and editing of the DVD - personally I think he'll do a great job. Who better than the band's founder, driving force and chief songwriter to handle the final editing?
Remember no Steve Harris = no Iron Maiden.

Originally posted by Seventh Son
Taken from www.IronMaiden.com

The show itself was shot using 18 cameras and the documentary footage adds up to nearly 80 hours of footage.

Bloody hell, if we get only half that in extras it would be worth the wait!!!!!!

Originally posted by PIV Bassman
It seems very fashionable to bag Steve Harris when it comes to production of albums and editing of the DVD - personally I think he'll do a great job. Who better than the band's founder, driving force and chief songwriter to handle the final editing?
Remember no Steve Harris = no Iron Maiden.

Yeah, but being the band's founder, driving force and chief songwriter doesn't mean he's a good producer or editor, and he's not. I don't mind if he makes a contribution, but as long as someone else looks after the final product.

Originally posted by Spiff

Yeah, but being the band's founder, driving force and chief songwriter doesn't mean he's a good producer or editor, and he's not.

Thanks you Spiff, that's exactly how I feel.
Although, maybe he has learnt from his mistakes - God knows he's made enough of them. ;)

I just hope they live up to their promise of putting the interview of me in Hamburg in 99. That would be nice!

I don't know if this DVD could take any longer to come out. Aren't they suppose to be starting on a new album late 2001? :cry:

Nope, late 2002 is when they're meant to hit the studios, according to interviews (beginning writing in the middle of the year I guess).

Late 2002 you say? LATE TWO THOUSAND AND FUCKING TWO?? What the hell are they doing? You dont make an album as great as BNW and leave people hanging for 4 years!

That is all.

Crossy: You interviewed Iron Maiden??????

Except for that bit.

Nah, I was interviewed by one of the guys that works for Iron Maiden just before the show. He found out that I was traveling around Europe with some Swede's and thought we were worth interviewing. I know we said some really silly things.. maybe I should hope for its exclusion :rolleyes:

It was originally suppose to go onto the web site.. but then got put back to the DVD.

Originally posted by spawn
Late 2002 you say? LATE TWO THOUSAND AND FUCKING TWO?? What the hell are they doing? You dont make an album as great as BNW and leave people hanging for 4 years!

Erm, Spawny... BNW was released in 2000 ;)

I agree with PIV, Steve is SSSSOOO into Maiden who better?

Okay Okay his studio stuff wasn't the best? Anyone seen LAD? I mean didn't he produce that?

Steve rocks so pull your heads in, remember no Steve, no Maiden. He IS mr. Maiden IMO.

BTW Happy New Year 2 all !

Live At Donnington sounds like SHITE if you ask me... flat and lacking in character. But then, FOTD-era Maiden is not my favourite.

However, the audio on the Rio disc is supposedly mind-blowing, so I'm looking forward to it :)

And I don't think Steve is the right producer for Maiden - someone needs to be there to offer an outside opinion... too many cooks may spoil the broth, but just one will only have it tasting how only HE likes it ;)

Am I making sense? :lol:

Nope! HAHAHA!

Nah, I agree with that - when you're involved so deeply with a project, it's hard to stay objective about it.

EG: Just say I do a monster solo or vocal or something on the new Dungeon album - I wanna go "Check this out!!" and have it blasting loud to play to everyone... Of course, that may not be appropriate to the overall mix so you really have to keep a lid on your own personal preferences by either getting in an outside producer (the risk there being that you may totally disagree with some decisions and end up unhappy with the final product) or make sure you get enough objective opinions from people you respect and decide for yourself what's right and what's not.

I think 'Arry so far has really just listened to 'Arry! Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just think he'd do well to talk to a few more people during the process or work closely with someone with heaps of experience so he can bounce ideas off of or learn from them.

But he *is* Iron Maiden, though - no one can take that away from the man! :)

Originally posted by Los4words
Okay Okay his studio stuff wasn't the best? Anyone seen LAD? I mean didn't he produce that?

Live After Death? No.