KERRANG OH MY GOD!!! (when i say my god, i mean myself)

Originally posted by my dying groom
Here in Germany 'Legacy' is the only considerable 'zine. 'Rock Hard' and 'Hammer' (yeah, they got rid of 'metal', it's written in tiny letters now) went downhill long time ago, so just Legacy and - when you lower your sights - 'Ablaze' are left, but the latter mostly features black metal underground stuff and that's not always my cup of tea.

Legacy and Ablaze rule!!!! I wish we had such good stuff here,too...
hammer is Ok... i buy it sometimes...

In Finland we have Suomi Finland Perkele, which is complete crap, to be blunt with you. The writers have a very bad way of saying things, there is no bit of 'eloquence', and it appears they try to hide it with 'attitude', which makes everything much worse. It's 'mmeetthaaaallll' all the way, as far as public stereotypes are concerned. Stupid, reeks of beer, makes a lot of noise and so on. The graphical look is horrible. They feature a couple of good bands per issue, but can a magazine be good if they have an anti-originality conspiracy in their camp? Just looking at the reviews... Arcturus: 2/10, Drawn: 2/10 or so, Dödheimsgard: 1/10 if I remember correctly...(luckily they have someone who praises Opeth, though. Points to them for that.) well, it is no wonder they have run into some severe financial problems. Another thing that makes me wonder is that they seem to take anyone in to write coverages, since some suck totally while others are a very enlightening, joyful and delightful read. Unfortunately, the latter occurs very rarely.

We have a rock-magazine called Soundi, which is far better. They have a metal-section for both news and reviews, and always feature a few metal groups outside these sections per issue. And they interview them with some intelligence and open-mindedness.