So, if anyone is interested in a 1176 clone

yup just checked it out its not dirt cheap but looks great id love to hear it!

xFkx:

Hey dude, do you know if it's possible to do different compression button combinations on this clone? The reason I haven't bought the Prime Analog clones is because you can't do 20+12, 20+4 etc. All buttons mode is too much sometimes and other times 20:1 isn't enough...

EDIT: I'm just gonna send an email to your friend but get back to me if you happen to know, cheers!

It's a bit dear for someone from across the world like me. I got a dual-1176 made up for less than that, and that's without shipping...

I can't recall writing anywhere "cheap 1176 clones"

I'm sure my friend has his reasons for pricing it the way he does, i'm sure if you write him up hill shed some light, or i'll just ask him tommorow.

It's a bit dear for someone from across the world like me. I got a dual-1176 made up for less than that, and that's without shipping...

I agree, it's quite a bit more expensive than the Prime (which I know sounds KILLER)....but I gotta admit this one looks really really good, wouldn't mind trying it.
it's definitely not "too" expensive though, if it's using only the highest grade transformers etc it's a fair deal I think...after all the builder has to make a living, too.
does your buddy send out "test units"?
What trannies is he using?

I can't recall writing anywhere "cheap 1176 clones"

I'm sure my friend has his reasons for pricing it the way he does, i'm sure if you write him up hill shed some light, or i'll just ask him tommorow.

Yeah, no offense to your friend. I'm sure he makes great units. Just saying it's not that enticing a prospect to someone in my position. Sure he has his reasons.

@Empathy: Friend of mine is a hobby DIY-ist.

I agree, it's quite a bit more expensive than the Prime (which I know sounds KILLER)....but I gotta admit this one looks really really good, wouldn't mind trying it.
it's definitely not "too" expensive though, if it's using only the highest grade transformers etc it's a fair deal I think...after all the builder has to make a living, too.
does your buddy send out "test units"?
What trannies is he using?

I'm sure he does, I believe he sold two units to Hertz after sending them a test unit first, I'll talk to him tommorow in person

About the technical stuff, if you could just write him an e-mail, i'm sure hill give you all the specs

Ok so I sent the dude an email. They're based on a Revision G - no input transformer. He uses Carnhill output transformers. Can anyone shed light on the quality of that? I'm not too clued up on it to be honest.

EDIT: Oh and he said you can use ANY button combination - just like the real deal 1176. That puts it one level above the Prime version for me.

Lastly, what's the deal with the sales tax for VAT registered businesses in the EU? Can the 23% be claimed back?

EDIT: Oh and he said you can use ANY button combination - just like the real deal 1176. That puts it one level above the Prime version for me.

true

Ok so I sent the dude an email. They're based on a Revision G - no input transformer.

that again sets it 3 levels back though....
but I'm sure you can order them with lundahl input trannies as well, just gonne be a bit more expensive then I guess.

the Carnhills aren't bad at all

@xFkx: thanks, would be cool!

true

that again sets it 3 levels back though....
but I'm sure you can order them with lundahl input trannies as well, just gonne be a bit more expensive then I guess.

the Carnhills aren't bad at all

@xFkx: thanks, would be cool!

I might just wait until a decent Rev D comes up on the Sound On Sound for sale section then.