So I'm guessing Matt is back in Iced Earth for good

Saladbar

Jose Saladbar
Feb 12, 2007
Elgin, IL
Form Blabbermouth:

ICED EARTH singer Matt Barlow has entered the studio to record his vocals for the upcoming PYRAMAZE album, entitled "Immortal". The vocal sessions are being helmed by producer Jim Morris, who has worked with ICED EARTH on the group's last few releases. The CD will be mixed in March, as the band will once again be utilizing the talents of producer Jacob Hansen (RAUNCHY, INVOCATOR, MERCENARY).

Commented the group: "Matt is doing a fantastic job and the songs are coming out epic and heavy as ever. This will no doubt be our masterpiece."

Barlow — who in December 2007 returned to front ICED EARTH as the replacement for Tim "Ripper" Owens — will perform on the upcoming PYRAMAZE album but will not be able to continue on with the band in a full-time position as previously planned.

"PYRAMAZE is an extremely talented group of musicians, whose work is well known in the progressive metal community and will be in high demand in a short time," Barlow said in a statement. "I am happy to say that I will be working with them, if only in a limited term."

PYRAMAZE entered the studio on October 1, 2007 in Haderslev, Denmark to begin recording the follow-up to "Legend of the Bone Carver".

Barlow originally joined PYRAMAZE as the replacement for Lance King who left the band in November 2006.

PYRAMAZE's latest CD, "Legend of the Bone Carver", was released in 2006 via Massacre Records (Europe) and Nightmare Records (USA and Canada).

I'm happy that Matt will be singing on this album but I'm bummed that it'll be the only one, or at least that's what it looks like.