So...let's discuss about Sepultura

Originally posted by Weapon X
See I'm the opposite than most here. I perfer the albums after Arise. I just do, I like the vocals, drumming, overall just better. Even if the riffs are weaker. I even like Derek Green. The only album I really don't like after Arise would be Against, which sucked balls.

Question: Why would Sep release a live album with Max singing and not Derek? Wouldn't that be a slap in Dereks face? I know Max is a better singer. Just wondering!!!

Isn't it quite obvious. They sold a lot more with the albums where Max was in vocals so a live album with him on vocals would probably sell a whole lot more than a live album with Derek on vocals. It's all about the money.

I like new Sep. better. Though I like everything they've done, and Against is my favourite album. Yes, their early stuff was amazing, but I have other artists in my tastes and collection that have the same sort of sound and I like even better, whereas nothing else has the same sort of atmosphere or intent of the new Sepultura, except maybe Soulfly of course, but I don't like Max. He might sound good on disc, but he is one of the weakest live vocalists i've ever heard. If you've ever heard Max live, and then heard Derrick, you'll know that Derrick is far more intense, aggressive, and especially dynamic live.

He's even going to be picking-up the guitar for the next album as i'm made to be awares. =) yay for new Sepultura!! :headbang:

Wow...didn't Sep cop a bagging here.I hail all the albums they've released with Arise,Chaos and Beneath being my fav's.Roots rocked as did Against.The title track alone is Killer.We even covered it in my own band.Yet to hear Nation but with the two mp3's i have i was'nt overly fussed.

Though I like everything they've done, and Against is my favourite album. Yes, their early stuff was amazing, but I have other artists in my tastes and collection that have the same sort of sound and I like even better

So, let's hear these bands.

I think Sepultura suffer because of their history. BTR was a ground breaking album at the time and is still exciting to hear now. Arise improved on this in it's better songs but their was a couple of fillers unfortunately. Chaos AD is a metal masterclass in writing, scope and engineering. Roots, despite it's claim to be pioneering was really just a variation of the sound Korn began punting a year and a half before. It was still good but as an album it was samey.

Against - If it was an unknown band it would have done better. People expected prime Seps but this was a bit of a transition record. It did have the foresight to mave away from the Roots sound which would soon saturate metal in general.

Nation - No one really cared by this point did they? One of the most criminally underated records ever. Probably has a drier sound than is currently popular (stampin ground, haunted, etc) but you can tell there is a hunger back and the writing could only come from seasoned pro's

In another one or two records, if they get the chance / support, they could be kings again

Schizophrenia is my favorite Sepultura album, no question about that! After Beneath The Remains they started to go downhill, even though I think Arise and Chaos A.D. are still great albums. Roots has two decent songs, the rest is crap. After that... not worth mentioning. I also agree the first three releases, Bestial Devastation, Morbid Visions & Schizophrenia are the best.

Originally posted by Thrash Metal Tormentor
Schizophrenia is my favorite Sepultura album, no question about that! After Beneath The Remains they started to go downhill, even though I think Arise and Chaos A.D. are still great albums. Roots has two decent songs, the rest is crap. After that... not worth mentioning. I also agree the first three releases, Bestial Devastation, Morbid Visions & Schizophrenia are the best.

eh? Bestial Devastation and Morbid Visions are mince! There's loads of young would be death metallers produced better music than them!

(I still like them though!)

Sepultura rules they are one of my favorite bands, their old stuff is so intense and brutal. Beneath the Remains is truly one of the best albums ever made it is fast, technical, brutal, and just great stuff to headbang and mosh to. It's a shame that they slowed down on recent records. but you can't expect them to keep the same intensity they had in the 80's. I like new Sepultura with Derrick Green but I dont think they should call themselves "Sepultura" anymore. They changed their style big time, and it is way different, so they should have just changed their name,and had it say "features 3 members of Sepultura. And, I have to say Soulfly is a truly trendy nu-metal band and Max Cavalera should just QUIT. But regardless, Hail Sepultura (Grave)

I like some Soulfly songs alot but they bore me. Same simple kind of songs with not much technicality. And alot of Soulfly fans don't know shit about metal eh..

When I was easing my way into metal, I liked sepultura's against and chaos A.D. albums. Now, they bore me to tears. I've heard some of the stuff on roots and was not impressed...so I pretty much am left saying that Sepultura after arise isn't up my alley anymore. Sorry for rambling, but I'm in a rambling kind of mood today.

Originally posted by MessiahMan
When I was easing my way into metal, I liked sepultura's against and chaos A.D. albums. Now, they bore me to tears. I've heard some of the stuff on roots and was not impressed...so I pretty much am left saying that Sepultura after arise isn't up my alley anymore. Sorry for rambling, but I'm in a rambling kind of mood today.

but these albums have more going on than the 'Necromancer' track you have at your 'now playing' icon.

why doesn't this bore you?